Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is P4P Rated By Legacy Or Quality Of Opposition?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is P4P Rated By Legacy Or Quality Of Opposition?

Their are several articles out today from various boxing and sports sites that are supporting Sergio Martinez claim to the P4P King status. I support this opinion and have no problem debating it with anybody but the same argument being thrown back at me why Pac should maintain his #1 status is his legacy not the quality of his recent opposition. I dont agree with this logic as it is more of a ATG ranking argument than a P4P ranking argument. I feel P4P should be based on qaulity of opposition not only by name but by where the competition is at in their career when the p4per fights them. If you support the over all resume argument please explain better than the ******s that have been using it.

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
    Their are several articles out today from various boxing and sports sites that are supporting Sergio Martinez claim to the P4P King status. I support this opinion and have no problem debating it with anybody but the same argument being thrown back at me why Pac should maintain his #1 status is his legacy not the quality of his recent opposition. I dont agree with this logic as it is more of a ATG ranking argument than a P4P ranking argument. I feel P4P should be based on qaulity of opposition not only by name but by where the competition is at in their career when the p4per fights them. If you support the over all resume argument please explain better than the ******s that have been using it.
    LMFAAOOOOOO;

p4p is not legacy ******. its who you fought recently, how you beat them and where the opposition was at in there career when you fought and defeated them. pac fights name fighters on the decline martinez fights the best in his division and p4pers.
    Originally posted by oj simpson View Post
    of course part of it is legacy you ****ing meat head. how else do you explain hopkins being there for so long?

what's ****ing ******ed is you acting like you know all the prerequisites to a highly subjective & ambiguous rating as p4p?

legacy & resume comes HIGHLY into play especially if that fighter is still active & still winning.

go drink some floyd soda & settle down.
    ok so by ******* logic sugar ray robinson should be the p4p king got ya. next ******* please.
    what a ****ing imbecile you are.

Is ray robinson a prominent current active fighter? Is manny pacquiao?

you need to sharpen your critical thinking & reading comprehension skills.

next ***** please.

Comment

LMFAAOOOOOO;

your making me look good thanks.

Comment

I think most people tend to judge it by a mixture of recent resume and pure ability. It's hard to truly measure a fighter's ability unless it's been tested against top quality opposition so the two things are intrinsically connected.

Comment

your making me look good thanks.
          so you figure out the difference as to why ray robinson's great legacy cant be included in today's p4p ranking & as to why pac's is?

thanks in advance *****.

Comment

beating up on eurobums, keeping ur hands low like a ******, not lookin where ur punching = P4P #1.

calling out fighters you're 3-5 inches taller than, who are 1-2 weight divisions lower than u, also helps.

Comment

Originally posted by mushahadeen View Post
              beating up on eurobums, keeping ur hands low like a ******, not lookin where ur punching = P4P #1.

calling out fighters you're 3-5 inches taller than, who are 1-2 weight divisions lower than u, also helps.

Comment

Originally posted by mushahadeen View Post

mosley and margarito were great fighters once and clottey always chokes on the championship level is better choice than first 2. its about when you fight them not if you fight them.

Comment

i honestly don't get the sergio is #1 over floyd/pac talk.

williams , dizzy and pavlik are good wins but let's not act like he just beat a bunch of HOFers or something.

people dismiss floyd's and pac's wins over cotto and mosley but......

both of those wins are better than any of serge's wins in his entire career.

people get too hyped up over recent fights and lose perspective.

Comment

I have Sergio at #2 currently, after Pacquiao.

Nobody should be mentioning wins over Barrera or Morales in their argument against Sergio, save that for Pacquiao's HOF and ATG ranking discussions.

Would a win over Maidana get Morales back into top 10 P4P? He has one of the best resumes in boxing, but no.

Comment

Working...
                    X