Collapse
No announcement yet.

Purses for the Showtime PPV: Cotto $1mil Mayorga $50k

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the bigger issue here is why this Bryant character is getting paid only $1500.

Comment

Most of the time, the listed figures with the commission are fudged. They had Canelo listed as making 350K for Hatton but he really made 650K. The figures are listed lower to benefit the fighters from being taxed heavy.

Comment

The one arum is protecting is Margaresto. Remember the last 2 time they were about to fight magarito lost his fights. For example; Williams and Mosley.
        Originally posted by paulf View Post
        Yep. Arum also turned down a Cotto/Cintron match in Puerto Rico in December and is believed to be the guy that ratted out Angulo because HBO wanted him against Cotto.

Arum's protecting Cotto until the Margarito rematch PPV, then he will throw him to the dogs. Especially if he loses, which I think he may.
        Originally posted by Sweet Jesus View Post
        You got proof to the contrary?
        I don't think the government here withhold someone's money for debt in their countries.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaner0919 View Post
          from what I know he had made advance requests to King and now had to reap what he sowed so thus the 50k. Now he also told should he win then he gets a big payday promise from King for the next fight
          Oh, I see. Thanks.

Comment

WTF Cotto is only gettin paid 1 Mill? thats must be a typo

Comment

Well Arum really bent Mayorga over on this one haha

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
                Well Arum really bent Mayorga over on this one haha

Mayorga's pimp is DK, not Arum. Only in America...

Comment

Bump

Since Don King is trying to c0ck block the Mosley fight.

Mayorga got paid so little, the rest went to King because Mayorga was "in debt" to King. What bothers me is that Mayorga is an old washed up fighter just trying to make a living and King, the insanely greedy man, just won't allow it since Mayorga signed some slave contract years ago. It's not like Mayorga is some cash cow and is hauling in tons of money, King even prevented him from fighting some random journeyman on a small card last year where Mayorga would only get like $50-$75k. Pretty sick.

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
                    Bump

Since Don King is trying to c0ck block the Mosley fight.

Mayorga got paid so little, the rest went to King because Mayorga was "in debt" to King. What bothers me is that Mayorga is an old washed up fighter just trying to make a living and King, the insanely greedy man, just won't allow it since Mayorga signed some slave contract years ago. It's not like Mayorga is some cash cow and is hauling in tons of money, King even prevented him from fighting some random journeyman on a small card last year where Mayorga would only get like $50-$75k. Pretty sick.
                    Mosley just did an interview on ESPN LA radio. Says kings lawsuit is bogus, the signatures look false and don't match, the notary isnt an accredited one and the fight is still happening

Comment

If I remember correctly, this PPV did 250k so Cotto got a little more than $1mill probably.

Comment

Working...
                      X