No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Miguel Vazquez: I'm Going For The Knockout on Lenny Z

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Miguel Vazquez: I'm Going For The Knockout on Lenny Z

Las Vegas, Nevada - Mexican boxing will be present on Saturday night at the Grand Garden Arena at the MGM, with Guadalajara's Miguel Vazquez defending the IBF lightweight world title against undefeated Lenny Zappavigna of Australia. The main event will have Miguel Angel Cotto defending his WBA junior middleweight title against Ricardo Mayorga. The fight will be carried by Showtime pay-per-view.

[Click Here To Read More]

The fool! If he stuck to boxing he'd maybe not get destroyed in embarrassing fashion, now he will. Zapa by KO 4.

Comment

Miguel will do what he does best.

He won't change. Maybe he puts a little more into his punches.

But I don't expect him to become Acosta all of a sudden.

Comment

Vazquez is a good fighter with a difficult style. Zappavigna was impressive against Kim, he has good speed and power to go with his technique, but after watching his Angulo fight (where he unofficially lost), I see Miguel having his way for the most part.

Zappa's strength will keep him from getting stopped, but his style is made to order for Vazquez.

Comment

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
          Vazquez is a good fighter with a difficult style. Zappavigna was impressive against Kim, he has good speed and power to go with his technique, but after watching his Angulo fight (where he unofficially lost), I see Miguel having his way for the most part.

Zappa's strength will keep him from getting stopped, but his style is made to order for Vazquez.
          Zappa was ipressive against kim....I believe vasquez also fought kim and won by going the distance. Zappa on the other hand destroyed kim within minutes of round 1.

Vasquez needs to survive the first 4 rounds because zappa comes out with everything just like he did in the kim fight and the Angulo fight (which i also had zappa losing)

Vasquez might pull off a win if he fights SMART! that's the only way. If not Zappa is too quick and has power behind those fist and will hurt vasquez if he's not careful.
          Last edited by ELPERRO; 03-11-2011, 05:53 PM. Reason: add on.

Comment

Originally posted by ELPERRO View Post
            Zappa was ipressive against kim....I believe vasquez also fought kim and won by going the distance. Zappa on the other hand destroyed kim within minutes of round 1.

Vasquez needs to survive the first 4 rounds because zappa comes out with everything just like he did in the kim fight and the Angulo fight (which i also had zappa losing)

Vasquez might pull off a win if he fights SMART! that's the only way. If not Zappa is too quick and has power behind those fist.
            I agree, and I believe Vazquez only knows how to fight smart. His style is very similar to what Angulo used, but he's even better at it because he has better timing and defensive awareness than Angulo.

At 5'10, he's going to constantly time Zappavigna coming in and catch him with his jab then hold on the inside. Zappa just won't be able to adjust from those tactics. Vazquez doesn't have much power, but the accumulation of all the wrestling (in the clinch), the pesky jabs, occasional power shots, and missing because of his slippery defense, will make the back half all his.

Comment

This is going to be a great fight, best fight on the card without a doubt. I see Zappavigna dominating the early rounds and scoring a knockdown/rocking Vasquez to the stage where he needs to hold on and is eventually deducted a point. But then Vasquez will find his range and timing in the middle rounds and cut lenny up before lenny has a late round rally to either score a knockout or win 8-4.

Comment

Originally posted by ELPERRO View Post

Vasquez might pull off a win if he fights SMART! that's the only way. If not Zappa is too quick and has power behind those fist and will hurt vasquez if he's not careful.
                Kim is a face first come forward fighter Miguel wont do that and Miguel beat kim for 12 rounds plus he has face guys like Canelo twice BrADELY PRESCOT
                zAPP ONLY COME FORWARD

Comment

Originally posted by Pastrano View Post
                  The fool! If he stuck to boxing he'd maybe not get destroyed in embarrassing fashion, now he will. Zapa by KO 4.
                  for those interested i have a bet prop going on this one:
                  http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=465248

put your e-points where yout mouth is!

Comment

Zappa will destroy Vasques in four watch this boy Lenny becoming a star then a super star in near future

Comment

Working...
                    X