No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Martinez vs Cruz Getting Closer For Juanma-Salido Card

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Martinez vs Cruz Getting Closer For Juanma-Salido Card

BoxingScene.com was advised that a deal is close for a WBO super featherweight final eliminator between Puerto Rican rivals Rocky Martinez (24-1-1, 15KOs) and Luis Cruz (17-0, 14KOs). If the deal gets finalized, Showtime will televise the fight as the co-feature to Juan Manuel Lopez's defense of the WBO featherweight title against Orlando Salido, which takes place on April 16 at the Coliseo Roberto Clemente in Puerto Rico.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Hope it doesnt happen pr v,s pr is bad have rocky fight a tune up or another contender and have cruz fight a top contender then next have rocky fight solis and cruz fight some1 else in the top list hes not ready for a belt run yet

Comment

If it does happen I support Martinez.

Comment

Originally posted by PRBOXINGCOTTO View Post
        Hope it doesnt happen pr v,s pr is bad have rocky fight a tune up or another contender and have cruz fight a top contender then next have rocky fight solis and cruz fight some1 else in the top list hes not ready for a belt run yet
        I like Cruz, I think he has a bright future ahead of him. He doesn't get talked about as much as he should. I would support him if he fought Martinez.

Comment

This undercard is good.i know he'll be the underdog but im going with cruz.rocky hits hard but his defense is poor.he's the "you hit me i hit you back until someone quits" type of fighter,abandons his defense.cruz,im excited to see if he can hold his own and take a punch.hes heavy handed himself.

Comment

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Comment

wtf is wrong with a rican fighting another rican?

Comment

This fight was offered to Cruz not long ago & HE(himself) refused it(NOT his team, they were all for it) cause he said that he would like to do 2 or 3 more fights before stepping up against some one like Rocky Martinez, but I guess either the $$$$ they offered him is good or his team finally convinced him that he could beat Martinez or maybe it's a little of both... Cruz seems to have better boxing & defensive skills than Martinez & they both have pop in their punches but Martinez has the experience cause he definitely has faced much better opposition than Cruz & Martinez has shown to have heart & has overcome adversity(especially in the war against Daniel "Azuquita"Jimenez), while Cruz still has to be tested..If it gets done it's should be a good & interesting fight..They are both from here & in this case I don't have a favorite, so I don't really care who wins...

Comment

Creo que es buena idea asi se desasen de la basura.

Translation: Good idea to eliminate the trash.

Comment

sucks for the ricans,cause I seen this happen before with mexican fighters,and politics usually get in the way and the wrong one wins .then he fights for the title and gets knocked the fuck out! Embarrassing.
                    it's suppose to be so the better fighter bings home the title but it never works.you better prey theres no favoritism involved or Cruz will get a unnecessary loss on his record and Martinez will go on to lose again and both will have to start all over.sucks for you ricans.

Comment

Working...
                    X