Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Saul Alvarez To Lose $70,000 For Failing To Make Weight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just as expected....would like to see Ricky keep his word tho and for Oscar to stop having his fighters comin over

Comment

I bet GBP is gonna front that 70k anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by 120 View Post
        so now the guy comes overweight into the fight, knocks Hatton out and people start talking about how much of a badass the kid is without taking into consideration the weight advantage. ON TOP OF THAT, THIS BS FIGHT IS FOR THE WBC 154 TITLE... This is where professional boxing is a joke
        110% agreed.

Hatton is a proud fighter and of course he wants to fight even tho all his people knew he would get KTFO.
        The guy who comes in overweight has been always Knocking out his foe due to big weight advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
          Anaheim, California - Junior middleweight Saul "Canelo" Alvarez will lose $70,000 or 20% of his $350,000 purse for failing to make weight for Saturday's scheduled fight against Matthew Hatton. The fight is under a contract agreement for a catch-weight of 150-pounds, although the vacant WBC 154-pound title is up for grabs. Alvarez (35-0, 26KOs) came in at 151.8-pounds. He was given two hours to lose the weight but came back with 30-minutes remaining and failed to make weight for a second time with 151.4 coming up on the scale. According to reports, $35,000 will go to Hatton, and the other $35,000 will go to the California State Athletic Commission. Hatton (41-4, 16KOs) weighed 149.6. The fight happen at the Honda Center and HBO will televise.
          [Click Here To Read More]
          That fatboy looked like he was fighting for the heavyweight title.He never wanted to make 150 anywhere,I hope he injures his hand and gets busted by Hatton

Comment

This is a joke. As predicted Alvarez is overweight. How the hell does boxing expect to regain any respectability with this kind of **** going on. GBP are getting worse and, considering Hatton was already small in the fight, he should definitely walk away.
            Also, 151.8 and 151.4 30 minutes later???? He didn't even try to cut any weight in that time.....which leads to the assumption that he was advised from the start of camp to not worry about making weight.
            Whatever happens, it is now going to be a tainted victory and worse than that it keeps boxing labelled as corrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by Georgeshills View Post
              So they are still sticking with the 150 catchweight because that's their agreement, even though the WBC wants it at the full limit.
              it has been determined that WBC and GBP can't dictate weight as long as they are not above 154.

Comment

Originally posted by 120 View Post
                so now the guy comes overweight into the fight, knocks Hatton out and people start talking about how much of a badass the kid is without taking into consideration the weight advantage. ON TOP OF THAT, THIS BS FIGHT IS FOR THE WBC 154 TITLE... This is where professional boxing is a joke
                no ur wrong...If canelo knocks out hatton..He wont be called a badazz,I
                expect him to get hate saying he was overweight and he knocked out a
                bum.I hope this was a learning experince for canelo,No more catchweights
                and it seems 154 is his future.

Comment

LOL 70 G's aint **** that dude makes millions off of televisa.

Comment

Originally posted by elgranluchadore View Post
                    dumb move by gbp
                    i mean why the catchweight? i doubt hatton demanded it, now you cost canelo 70k
                    Why the hell couldn't Canelo make 150 ?

Comment

If Hatton didn't really want it and its a catchweight who givez a flying fuk...If the hatton people really wanted then they are both dumb fux for agreeing in a bull**** catch weight

Comment

Working...
                      X