Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Japanese boxer Kenichi Yamaguchi says he wants to learn the Filipino style of boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Seleção No. 13 View Post
    I just checked Makunouchi Ippo's record. Not bad. 22 wins, all by KO, and 1 loss.

Nobody got my joke. lol. It's the anime guy in DempseyRollin's avatar.

Comment

I think the Filipino style of boxing is all about power and thats what kenichi wants to learn. As you can observe, most of the Pinoy boxers are aggressive.

Comment

Originally posted by tibbar View Post
        wtf! can i have some of what you are smoking there.
        ok, how many world champion fighters are japanese?? now how many are pinoy? how big is boxing in the phillipines??? in japan most highschools have boxing clubs. their fighters sell out stadiums in the tens of thousands. the sport is one of the most popular in the country along with baseball. its bigger there than any other country in asia.

Comment

the same haters claiming their own ethnicity that have their own "style" can't fathom another ethnic group having a style of their own?

it's beyond race, sometimes i really think boxing fans are some of the most idiotic fanbase out of every other sport.

not all mexican boxers are come-foward fighters just like not all afro-american boxers are slick.

Comment

This is the secret:

Comment

Originally posted by Billionz Rican View Post
              Filpino boxing, is Japanese boxing, they both are samuri warroirs?
              Puñeta, como vas a decir algo así? Tu no te encojonas cuando alguien dice que los Cubanos, Dominicanos, y Puertorros son iguales? Podremos venir de la misma ancestría pero NO somos iguales, cada cual tiene su cultura, idiosincracias y manera de ver y hacer las cosas. No que uno sea mejor que el otro, pero son distintos.

Puñetz!...
              Last edited by Hallaqsillaq; 03-04-2011, 07:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tmen View Post
                I think the Filipino style of boxing is all about power and thats what kenichi wants to learn. As you can observe, most of the Pinoy boxers are aggressive.
                But it doesn't work for all of them, you need a combination of skill, aggressiveness, AND a very high level of athleticism.

Nonito seems to have these qualities and seems to me more skilled than Pac was at that age. So it's no surprise to see his success at the moment. He really seems to have mastered the timing of the power punch.

Comment

Originally posted by Hallaqsillaq View Post
                  But it doesn't work for all of them, you need a combination of skill, aggressiveness, AND a very high level of athleticism.

Nonito seems to have these qualities and seems to me more skilled than Pac was at that age. So it's no surprise to see his success at the moment. He really seems to have mastered the timing of the power punch.
                  Even Mark Munoz, who won his last match gives credit to Nonito Donaire for his win. I think Nonito can be a great trainer...

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                    why?? aside from pacquiao, japan has a better boxing culture and produces better boxers than the phillipines anyways.
                    Koki and Daiki Kameda disagree with you. They spend a lot of time training at the Elorde gym in the philippines..

Comment

Originally posted by flem1 View Post
                      Koki and Daiki Kameda disagree with you. They spend a lot of time training at the Elorde gym in the philippines..
                      But I really wander why there are more Japanese world champions compare to the Filipino world champions. Is it because Japanese have more opportunities? Or is it because they are more talented?

Comment

Working...
                      X