Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it harder for white east european fighters to get respected from American fans?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freedom!
    Some of the American boxing fans are gay white guys with a strong ****sexual attraction to black dudes, and do not become sexually excited by white men.

So they consider black men like Ward and Hopkins despite their boring styles more exciting than ring warriors like Lebedev, Boytsov and Vitali.
    I really don't think it's that. I think it has to do with Americas dominance in boxing in the past. Posters on here are hardcore fans, they see all types of fighters from all over the world through streams and live feeds. Most fans though don't see these guys. Most can only see the fights that HBO, SHO, and ESPN show. So I think most of the stigma comes from the past that Europeans are stepping stones. As for my other point about them being boring I stand by that notion. A lot of European fighters are very technical which really isn't very exciting.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
      Theres two major knocks against European fighters in the eyes of the casual American viewer. One is that Europeans are boring. In reality they aren't off base because most are boring. Europeans have evolved and become more exciting but it's a stigma that hasn't really been shook. I was talking to a few of my co workers who know I enjoy boxing and I was telling them about a few European fighters and the first comment one of them made is "aren't Europeans boring"?

Second and more damning than being boring is, American fans look at European fighters as second rate. Throughout history American fighters have always been top dog and beat down other nations. Most casual fans think that fighting a European or any other nation for that matter is a stepping stone.
      exactly brother, it has to do with stupidity. are your co-workers even boxing fans? rofl.. you guys are too lazy to find out, who is there, whats his name, how he fights etc. you all wait till everything will be brought on your plate

Comment

Some of the American boxing fans are gay white guys with a strong ****sexual attraction to black dudes, and do not become sexually excited by white men.

So they consider black men like Ward and Hopkins despite their boring styles more exciting than ring warriors like Lebedev, Boytsov and Vitali.
        I would rather watch Ward and Hopkins over ****ali Quitschko anyday. Vitali ran away from Chris Arreola and you call him a warrior???? The same guy who quit against Chris Byrd???? lol

I have no problem with a fighter based on nationalities,but if they are predictable, robotic, etc...they just don't interest me.

btw-did Hopkins look boring in his last fight,or wasn't it Pascal who was running at least 9 rounds away from the old timer?

Comment

Originally posted by Steelhammer2011 View Post
          George Foreman: "The Klitschkos would be great fighters in any era"

Wlad and Vitali are all time greats and they're both going to the hall of fame whether you like it or not.

You idiotic haters can go fuck yourselves.
          They are still as fun as watching paint dry or grass grow....if you find them exciting or action packed,then you are easily amused!

Comment

Originally posted by kyshenko team View Post
            exactly brother, it has to do with stupidity. are your co-workers even boxing fans? rofl.. you guys are too lazy to find out, who is there, whats his name, how he fights etc. you all wait till everything will be brought on your plate
            I don't know if they are boxing fans but even if they were most boxing fans of America are unaware of fighters that aren't shown on American television. It's not about being lazy or stupidity and more to do with boxing being a hard sport to follow. You have to really be into it to keep up with all the fighters, think of how many countries there are. If you don't know whats going on around the world then you fall back on what you have heard or seen in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
              I don't know if they are boxing fans but even if they were most boxing fans of America are unaware of fighters that aren't shown on American television. It's not about being lazy or stupidity and more to do with boxing being a hard sport to follow. You have to really be into it to keep up with all the fighters, think of how many countries there are. If you don't know whats going on around the world then you fall back on what you have heard or seen in the past.
              here.. I have to run now. I'll reply ina bit for sure

Comment

Comment

FAO: damned 1974

Vitali didn't "run" from Arreola you stupid ****, it's called lateral movement

Vitali threw over 800 punches in 10 rounds, he dominated every round and destroyed Arreola.

It was an entertaining beatdown.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                    Sorry to spoil the party but pirog is from Temryuk, Russia

Which is in Asia, not eastern europe
                    this little bit of fact will be largely ignored.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X