No announcement yet.

Khan vs Maidana - Rios vs Acosta

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Khan vs Maidana - Rios vs Acosta

Don't know why Khan was getting criticised for takin too many shots against Maidana?

The fight between acosta and Rios showed me exactly why Khan decided to stand and eat those uppercuts from Maidana. If you have a pressure fighter like Rios or Maidana the only way to stop him is to stand there at close proximity and hold your ground. acosta gassed himself out because he was scared to stand his ground at all and just ran. Rios was gna get him at some point. Similar to when victor Ortiz fought maidana, you can't run for a full 12 rounds!

i wanna see Rios vs Khan by the end of the year... hopefully they fight each other someday... Rios would beat Khan

Comment

I have no idea where this idea that acosta ran comes from. he was boxing Rios' ears off early, got dropped and never really recovered after. he couldn't withstand the pressure of rios.

Acosta did stand there and trade, quite frequently and honestly that was his downfall.

and are you high? ortiz ran from maidana? he traded with him throughout the fight, dropping maidana 3 times. That was also his mistake, he fought in a slug-out instead of using his superior boxing abilities.
      Last edited by ИATAS; 02-27-2011, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Standing and getting hit is never the tactic to win... Khan took those uppercuts because defensivley is not yet a complete fighter and he gambled he could ride them out as to be honest... they are not exactly Madiana`s most powerful shot.

Comment

If Rios brings his power up with him he beats Khan,Rios is not like Maidana he would apply smart pressure and throw straighter punches..But Khan is very slick and Rios does not have great footwork,if Khan keeps him on the outside he beats Rios..I'd pick Rios if they fought tomorrow but by the time these two fighters are standing in each others way I may have change my mind..

Comment

Originally posted by mosoofi View Post
            Don't know why Khan was getting criticised for takin too many shots against Maidana?

The fight between acosta and Rios showed me exactly why Khan decided to stand and eat those uppercuts from Maidana. If you have a pressure fighter like Rios or Maidana the only way to stop him is to stand there at close proximity and hold your ground. acosta gassed himself out because he was scared to stand his ground at all and just ran. Rios was gna get him at some point. Similar to when victor Ortiz fought maidana, you can't run for a full 12 rounds!
            Naw bruh. If you are a Boxer without a tight inside game(Khan and Acosta). the LAST thing you wanna do is go inside and trade with a puncher(Hold your ground). Not sound Boxing advice bruh.

Comment

Khan can't fight for **** in the pocket and Acosta was pretty good there last night.

Comment

Originally posted by romebyko View Post
                If Rios brings his power up with him he beats Khan,Rios is not like Maidana he would apply smart pressure and throw straighter punches..But Khan is very slick and Rios does not have great footwork,if Khan keeps him on the outside he beats Rios..I'd pick Rios if they fought tomorrow but by the time these two fighters are standing in each others way I may have change my mind..
                Watch the fight again Rome homie. He used his feet well while stalking. The ring was big, Acosta is a excellent mover, and the only thing wrong with Rios' footwork was that he slid straight forward and not at a angle(coming in behind a jab would've helped this)and forward.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                  I have no idea where this idea that acosta ran comes from. he was boxing Rios' ears off early, got dropped and never really recovered after. he couldn't withstand the pressure of rios.

Acosta did stand there and trade, quite frequently and honestly that was his downfall.

and are you high? ortiz ran from maidana? he traded with him throughout the fight, dropping maidana 3 times. That was also his mistake, he fought in a slug-out instead of using his superior boxing abilities.
                  Co-Sign here.Acosta was boxing beautifully early in that fight.I am trying to figure out what was he supposed to do,just stand & trade??That's rather ****** thinking.I don't know of any smart human that would bring a 22 up against an ak & don't move around & try to not get blasted.

Comment

Originally posted by Rbgnwo View Post
                    Khan can't fight for **** in the pocket and Acosta was pretty good there last night.
                    Acosta is a one trick pony as far as infighting goes. He looks for one punch, and thats the uppercut. He depends on his opponent to create openings for him rather than putting his punches together on the inside to create the openings for himself.

Comment

Working...
                    X