Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golden Boy Interested in Moreno, Donaire Fight Doubt?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shishaw View Post
    Ring rules that #1 v #2 & #1 v #3 winner gets Ring belt
    No their rules are that it has to be #1 vs. #2 except in exceptional circumstances. The only time so far that they have considered the circumstances to be exceptional enough to justify #1 vs. #3 being for the belt was when Wlad Klitschko fought Chagaev, and that was because it would be ridiculous to expect Wlad to fight his own brother.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
      On this site, last week or at the begining of this week, one of the better known writers said that Moreno was probably the best "pure boxer" in the sport today. This surprised me as when i saw him he didn't seem that good.
      what fight did you watch?

Comment

Originally posted by istmeno View Post
        what fight did you watch?
        I saw the second Moreno-Cermeno fight. I've described the whole evening on this thread a little further back. I found it all most interesting, saw Duran and Pedrosa there too. Duran is FAAAT.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Rado View Post
          No their rules are that it has to be #1 vs. #2 except in exceptional circumstances. The only time so far that they have considered the circumstances to be exceptional enough to justify #1 vs. #3 being for the belt was when Wlad Klitschko fought Chagaev, and that was because it would be ridiculous to expect Wlad to fight his own brother.
          Not true.

Vitali-Sanders was 1-3 (and arguably their biggest mistake IMO, though a case can also be made for Paulie Ayala ludicrously, after winning three straight ****E decisions, being rated #1 at 122 going into Adams II).

Calzaghe-Lacy was 1-3.

Mosley-Forrest was 1-3 (yes, Six Heads Lewis was, at the time, ahead of Vern).

Mayweather-Castillo was unrated v. #1.

They haven't had many coronations. It's a pretty good volume that weren't 1-2 all considered.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
            I saw the second Moreno-Cermeno fight. I've described the whole evening on this thread a little further back. I found it all most interesting, saw Duran and Pedrosa there too. Duran is FAAAT.
            the cermeno fights are not good fights to judge moreno, as they know each other inside and out. although he is venezuelan, cermeno lives and trains in panama, and both are out of the same gym. chemito will never look good against cermeno.

Comment

It looks to me like ODLH just wants to trump Bob Arum by taking away the Donaire vs. Moreno fight. I never saw anyone from GBP say anything about Moreno until Donaire was in talks to fight him. Now GBP wants him? If that's the case, GBP can have him and Donaire will move on to the winner of Mares vs. Agbeko and Moreno will get stuck fighting guys who aren't the best in the division. I don't like GBP or Arum but at this point, it seems Arum has all the right guys and now that Rios destroyed Acosta after losing the first four rounds and being rocked himself, he seemingly holds all the cards. If he gets JMM to sign with him next, he will be in major control...

Comment

Originally posted by chifuli View Post
                Moreno is the longest reining champion at 118 with the most title defenses and the hardest opponent Nonito will face at 118. Even if people think Nonito is gonna win Moreno is the hardest fight he has at 118 and the way to unification and that's why the road for Donaire has to go thru Moreno. Mares-Donaire will never happen because this kuntz don't wanna match their fighters which IMO is hurting boxing. GBP and Top Rank need to stop acting like children and make up for the sake of the sport...
                There's no doubt Donaire is going to win the fight but it will take the distance. Moreno is a boxer and does well moving in the ring but he's feather fisted so Donaire will go through his punches and man handle him.

Comment

They want him for Mares.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
                    Not true.

Vitali-Sanders was 1-3 (and arguably their biggest mistake IMO, though a case can also be made for Paulie Ayala ludicrously, after winning three straight ****E decisions, being rated #1 at 122 going into Adams II).

Calzaghe-Lacy was 1-3.

Mosley-Forrest was 1-3 (yes, Six Heads Lewis was, at the time, ahead of Vern).

Mayweather-Castillo was unrated v. #1.

They haven't had many coronations. It's a pretty good volume that weren't 1-2 all considered.
                    Rado exposed

I hope it can teach him a bit of humility, wouldn't hurt

Comment

Working...
                    X