Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: WBC's Sulaiman Looks To Reprimand Donaire-Montiel Ref

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with Sulaiman that the referee should have stopped the fight after the knockdown. How about the Nevada Commission but sanctions on Sulaiman and the WBC for cheating and rigging ratings and taking payoffs from promoters.

Comment

This is ****** Montiel did'nt get hurt. Montiel suddenly coming to and getting up without a wobble was almost the most exciting part of the fight. I've never seen someone laid out like that and then suddenely come so fast like that. Montiel has heart. The ref wanted to give him a chance becuase he did get up. The ref did noting wrong. The WBC is ruining the sport. It's sad becuase MMA continues to get moere violent all the time and they get praised for it. For some reason in boxing people are'nt allowed to get hit or be in a fight. Sulimon is pulling the plugs on the inside to destoy the sport. He does'nt care if the sport survives longer than his old ass.

Comment

The referee was 100 percent perfect, Sulaiman is a moron..

Comment

The fact that the ref dived in immediately when Montiel took two minor punches shows he how perfect that referee was, No complaints at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
            The fact that the ref dived in immediately when Montiel took two minor punches shows he how perfect that referee was, No complaints at all.
            I agree. That's exactly what I was saying. Sure the fight could have been stopped but the referee did a good job in making sure Montiel didn't take any more damage.

Comment

i'm sending a letter to reprimand sulaiman for holding the ittiest, most criminal and corrupt sanctioning body in the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorily View Post
                I don't think the ref was wrong for not stopping the fight after Montiel was knocked half unconsious, and he DID get up before the count (that was giving the champion the benefit of the doubt), so that was fair not to just wave it off before finding out if he had recovered enough to continue... BUT the whole point of asking a fighter, who has been viciously knocked down, to come forward and give him his gloves, is to see if they still have the wherewithall to continue - and that they're not just getting up by instinct. In this case, Montiel CLEARLY did not respond to any of the commands that the ref gave him. He should have stopped the fight then IMO.

I don't know if Suliman has an alterior motive in doing this, I only know in this case - he's right.

Side note: The Commisions need to send a whole lot more refs back to training school (i.e. Joe "firm but ****ed" Cortez/Lawrence Cole).
                I agree with you broda!

Comment

one thing I could say about Mora is that MOST refs at least speak a broken spanish... I don't know if he is bilingual but most of the time refs know going into fights to talk to fighters in that language if possible. I am sure Montiel was in a daze still but having the ref give him commands in broken spanish would have narrowed down the refs choices for making the BEST call. Ive heard bayless and weeks speak some spanish in fights and they are african american...

Comment

Working...
                  X