No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: WBC's Sulaiman Looks To Reprimand Donaire-Montiel Ref

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrFynest View Post
    You need to watch the tape again.....Sulaiman needs to stay out of this and worry about his little corrupt alphabet group. If you watch the reply, when Montiels legs and arms started to shake the ref was busy telling Donaire to get to his corner. His back was turned and he did NOT see any of that happening. I'm pretty sure the ref would've stopped it had he seen it.
    Even if he didn't see the convulsing, the ref asked Montiel to step forward 3 times and he didn't respond. It should have been stopped right there.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
      I think the ref did a good job. The fighter got up so he gave him a chance to continue. When it seemed that he couldn't defend himself, the ref stepped in quickly. The timing was fine IMO.
      Really? when he got up and the Ref asked for his hands he didn't even respond and he just wiped his gloves and let the fight continue.

Comment

I agree with sulaiman. This ref should never be allowed to ref another fight again. Any other ref would have stopped the fight immediately and wouldnt have let montiel even try to get up. Montiel is lucky to not have suffered serious brain damage from getting hit after he got up and was out on his feet. A main part of a refs job is to protect the fighter from himself and he failed to do that.

Comment

I wonder if Sulaiman reprimanded the referee for V. Klitschko-Briggs?

Comment

I agree.....

WBC and SULAIMAN are garbage because they think only about mexicans but this time i agree with SULAIMAN,the fight should have been stopped and FERNANDO took two more shots that could hurt him seriously!!!
            I remenber DONALD CURRY-MILTON McCRORY,watch what MILLS LANE did...unbealivable and too dangerous for McCrory!

Comment

Sulaiman needs to retire!

Anyone who knows boxing would disagree with the WBC, NBC or ABC; all these so called experts who have never laced on a pair of gloves. To be honest it didn't look as though Montiel would get up, but when he did he was caught with a couple of shots which neither rocked him; but he had just recovered from a storm so the ref reacted quickly and we will never know if it was to quick or not, but Montiel gets big ups from me.

Comment

Wrong Sulaiman... Ref did a good job.. Montiel didn't look like he was going to make it.. then he stood straight up without staggering or wobbling. He said fight and gave the CHAMPION the benefit of the doubt. Donaire wasn't even done landing his next vicious shot when the ref came diving in. Also we must note the Corrales vs Castillo classic fight... who would have thought he could come back while dazed so badly... you just never know. Montiel stood up as a champ and just ran out of time.. You HAVE to give the champ a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Napalm Death View Post
                  HaHa... Well played sir..

Comment

Originally posted by Napalm Death View Post
                    Aw, Napalm Death! Way to represent the grandfathers and kings of grindcore. I remember getting the demo tape thru the tape trading scene (which turned out to be on side one for Scum) and that was the beginning of the whole scene!!

Anyway, on topic, I hope this starts a trend for belt organizations and/or athletic commissions to reprimand refs when they do a poor job. I mean, I can name many times Joe Cortez and Laurence Cole completely blew it and they keep getting more ref gigs. Maybe a system should be set up where with each blown call (especially if it directly reflects damage to a fighter) should get a ref reprimanded. Say, first one is a warning and after that, each one results in being suspended where the third or fourth time, you get banned for life or something like that. That way, it would keep the refs from being biased (i.e. Joe Cortez) and keep them on their toes from making BS decisions. What happened to the Mills Lanes and Mitch Halperns of the world...
                    Last edited by SluggerFan; 02-26-2011, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooChild View Post
                      Even if he didn't see the convulsing, the ref asked Montiel to step forward 3 times and he didn't respond. It should have been stopped right there.
                      I dont think he was convulsing, he started shaking his legs because he was out and his brain was responding to get up. If he was convulsing you think he would of got up??

If it would of been Donaire down. Suliaman wouldnt care because he is not mexican.
                      Last edited by oc9979; 02-26-2011, 03:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X