Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Denis Lebedev-Roy Jones Jr. in Talks For Late April?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Denis Lebedev-Roy Jones Jr. in Talks For Late April?

According to overseas sources, a cruiserweight bout is being explored between the WBO's number one ranked fighter, Denis Lebedev (21-1, 16KOs) of Russia, and former four division champion Roy Jones Jr. (54-7, 40KOs) of the United States. Sources indicate the fight is being talked about for late April in Russia. Discussions are in the early stage. Lebedev is coming back from December's controversial decision loss to WBO champion Marco Huck. Jones was recently attempting to secure a fight with Tomasz Adamek, but their negotiations fell through when the Polish boxer landed his deal to face IBO/WBO/IBF champion Wladimir Klitschko in September.
    [Click Here To Read More]

roy shouldn't be in talks with anyone when it comes to fighting again.

Comment

If Roy insists on fighting (I wish he wouldn't,) why is he pursuing punchers like Adamek and Lebedev?

Comment

Lebedev took Huck to school and was robbed in Germany(no surprise), he look Huck's best shots and was not deterred and backed Huck up at many points in the fight. He is the rightful WBO champion, could easily be considered the best active CW in the world based on Cunningham's last couple performances and would easily ko RJJ at this point.
        Last edited by Spray_resistant; 02-25-2011, 02:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
          roy shouldn't be in talks with anyone when it comes to fighting again.
          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

He seems to have a good thing going with his commentary with HBO

I'd rather hear Roy commentating on a highlight reel KO then being on the end of one.

When Danny Green goosed him in 1 round he should of hung them up there and then.

Comment

Come on, Jones. When will you realized that your door has closed years ago?

Comment

Roy is about to destroy his legacy.I've never considered him a great fighter, but a great entertainer that could fight. He did things in the ring that I've never seen before, but it was always against frail competition.Roy in my opinion could have went down in history as the best ever, but his resume to me just isn't that impressive.I wanted to see him fight Nigel Benn, Gerald McClellan, Chris Eubank, Holyfield, Toney at cruiser or heavy.For whatever reason, those fights didn't happen. Now that he's on his downside,he isn't just getting beat, he's getting crushed. If Lebedev beats him, what will it say about his career? Why is he even still fighting? He'll never beat a top contender at this stage. I think he has money problems and his conscience is getting the best of him. He knows he avoided some of the top guys of his day, now he wants to redeem himself. Its too late and Roy is going to end up getting hurt.

Comment

Roy is past it.

We all know it.

But part of me respects that he's not going out easily.

And he's doing what he loves, even if there is a big risk he will be convulsing on the floor after.

I have this strange respect for Roy now, even though I've basically disliked him since 2003.

Comment

This is sadly the way most go out of this game. His legacy and what he did in his prime wont be touched or judged by the fights at the end of his career. Look at Sugar Ray Robinson, Ali, Armstrong, etc... They all started losing at the end to guys they would of crushed in their prime. Roy's legacy is intact, it's his sense that i am afraid are not. We will see Roy fight again, we will see him lose again and we will ask him to retire. Will he? Nope...

Comment

Lebedev got robbed against Huck... Lebedev is going to kill old Roy... :-/
                    This is just so sad!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X