Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prime jones didnt want none if the welsh dragon!!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by British Pride View Post
    Roy = Paper Champion. Fact
    That is the exact definition of an opinion actually. Another fail. Too easy to **** on you. You make dirk seem bright.

Comment

• Originally posted by Khmelnytsky View Post
      lol ranking has nothing to do with it? DM won the Lineal status when he beat Hill, what dont you understand?
      Do you want literature that suggests otherwise? Do I really need to do that?
      Really?

Comment

• Originally posted by Earl-Hickey View Post
        Lol, here the dumbest member on here comes. What does this fight matter? It was 6 years after Roy was pitifully faded and Tarver done much, much worse.

YOU FAIL.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
          So yeah....he never won a lineal or undisputed title.

Thats what he said....
          Won the undisputed LHW Ring title in 2001.

Read again. ******.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Invincible View Post

Read again. ******.
            What the hell is the "undisputed" Ring Title?

How many other Ring Titles do you have to unify to get it?

Comment

• "When he changed his mind a few years ago, I made Roy Jones jnr a written $5m offer to fight Joe. When he ran scared I offered another legend Bernard Hopkins $3.5m."

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sports/...1466-17892920/

And dont turn around and say Warren was his promoter because this was after they split up and Warren ****in hates Calzaghe now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Invincible View Post

Read again. ******.
                What the hell are you talking about?

Comment

• Originally posted by British Pride View Post
                  Vacant paper title
                  Paper title, Frankie Liles was lineal champion
                  Paper titles, DM was lineal champ
                  Ring belt dont decide who is lineal champ
                  Paper title.....Refused to fight Lineal champion Lewis.
                  Zsolt was lineal champion.

To Roy fans it does.....Paper titles are bogus.

He said no offer was made. Whether you agree its ducking or not, the offer was made.
                  You just contradicted everything you have been saying. If Ring doesn't matter then Calzaghe never became the undisputed SMW and LHW champ either and would have never have been considered as an opponent for Roy anyways because he would never come over and face him here. EVER. Well, until maybe, he had been knocked out a couple times and obviously wasn't the same fighter. Why didn't he just come over and make the fight at the height of Jones' run when it was so easy to do when Roy was past it? You don't get it and even if you did you wouldn't accept it so this is pointless.

YOU INDIVIDUALLY FAIL> I HAVE NO OTHER WAY TOP PUT IT. I'M BEING 100% SERIOUS.

Comment

• Hello Folks, Newbie here and this is my first post. I've been dying to find a place just like this to talk boxing with people who actually know something about it, and also love and respect the sport. What a great topic to introduce myself. With the formalities out of the way.....

Roy Jones Jr. was in his prime in the mid-late 90's and at that time there was really no one up to par with him. He was too fast with his hands and feet, his reflexes were supernatural, and his unorthodox style kept every opponent guessing. He didn't have a traditional boxing style of any kind and as any boxing fan knows, boxing is all about styles and his was very hard to figure out. He could hit you at angles that scientists and mathematicians are still trying to figure out, and be out of harms way before you knew what hit you.

And answer me this, what was Joe Calzaghe doing in the mid 90's? Was he anywhere near the level of Jones at that time? I highly doubt it. Calzaghe in his prime, at his best, is just not enough to take out Roy Jones in his prime, at his best, and in his prime, no one was. Arguably the best fighter he got to in his prime was James Toney, and even a game Toney at that time wasn't enough and he was pretty damn good. He beat Bernard Hopkins back then too, B-Hop was no match for Jones. I can't think of anyone who was, and without going back in time I can't think of anyone who would be.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                      Ok so Roy wasnt the no1 LHW from day 1. We all know that
                      We agree? Lol, I agree that he was ranked 1 from his inception. That's all that matters. That's all I'm saying. He was rankled #1 from the only publication that should be recognized at all. That's Ring and you know it.

Comment

Working...
                      X