Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Honestly, why isn't there more hype around Andre Dirrell?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dirrell has all the tools, he's beastly, his chin is even great, i seriously believe he has a great chin, but his mentality is all wrong, i dunno, everyone has a fear, when they face it they will be stronger, he could've possibly had a fear of getting knocked out, but he took alot of big monsterous shots prior to that wierd incident, so maybe he has overcome some of that, if he faked it, then he should definitely have overcomed the fear of getting ko'd, but also if all these issues are true, if he does come back, he might, unintentionally find himself fighting scared more so than before

Comment

Originally posted by Billolden View Post
      He is a great amateur boxer
      I guess golovkin is super great.

Comment

Not the classiest OP ever but basically pretty spot on. Skill-wise Dirrel is crazy talented and capable of beating any SMW and that damn division is freaking hot so that says a lot.

His acting performance was a bummer though as was his inactivity. Dirrel should not waste his prime and fight as often as possible in division which offers countless opportunities to build a legit HoF legacy. Having Ward, Bute, Froch, Abraham, Kessler and the likes on your resume can look pretty fancy and while I wouldn't bet all my money on him I wouldn't rule the possibility of him dominating the division out either.

Comment

go ahead and call the no **** card, haha, but yes, i co-sign this - i think dirrell is a hell of a boxer. I was ringside for his fight against Abraham, and he looked like ten million bucks. Against Froch, he was definitely too hesistant and gun shy, but he jumped up a pretty big level onto a foreign stage, and I still thought he deserved the W. I see him beating everyone at 168 to be honest.

Comment

and no, i don't think he was faking anything. you could tell when he was walking out of the ring when cameras weren't even on him he had this "gone" look in his eye and looked genuinely upset. haha yeah some of the **** is funny people say about it, but he took an uppercut, OPEN, with all that leverage, from arguably the best "one shot" power guy at the weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
              I guess golovkin is super great.
              How Golovkin arguably lost.

Comment

Originally posted by BattleHardened View Post
                How Golovkin arguably lost.
                Golovkin landed the waaaaay harder shots. Dre did land some shots but with no authority.

And I think dirrel was the best fighter in the super 6 prior to him dropping lutz

Comment

Working...
                X