Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Buster Douglas KO Mike Tyson boxing's biggest upset ever?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe it was, but we should have seen the signs it was coming. Tyson had a ton of personal problems, was getting beat in sparring and King seperated him from all the team that made him. Still everybody figured Tyson would just get another early knockout over Douglas in spite of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post
      I think he could've held his own. Joe Louis vs. Primo Carnera.

I think it's a bit of a stretch to say either K Bros, had the type of skills that Joe had.
      More of a stretch to compare a Carnera to A klitschko..wouldn't you say. & how do the KLITSCHKO'S not compare to LOUIS in skills when they are stronger...have better jabs..bigger punch...better D..sorry but i'm not buying that. The myth is that the KLITSCHKO'S only have size aS a strength when nothing could be further from the truth... if they didn't have skillset to go along with it..they'd be just another Tye Fields.. Primo Carnera OR Nicolai Valuev.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy1569 View Post
        More of a stretch to compare a Carnera to A klitschko..wouldn't you say. & how do the KLITSCHKO'S not compare to LOUIS in skills when they are stronger...have better jabs..bigger punch...better D..sorry but i'm not buying that. The myth is that the KLITSCHKO'S only have size aS a strength when nothing could be further from the truth... if they didn't have skillset to go along with it..they'd be just another Tye Fields.. Primo Carnera OR Nicolai Valuev.
        Yea it's a little bit of a stretch to compare Primo to Vitali, but not Wlad. Primo moved pretty well for a man his size, and beat Sharkey and Godfrey(Both great fighters). Not the best HW champ, but one of the physical stature of both K Bros nonetheless. Primo's chin = Wlad's chin as far as I'm conserned.

I dont agree that they have a bigger punch than Louis. Louis could knock you out, without setting up a punch, I haven't seen the K Bros do such. Just because they're bigger, and technology is more advanced doesnt mean they are better fighters IMO.

Comment

Chief theres no point debating with that Jimmy guy hes seriously special.

Comment

Leon Spinks over Ali was a huge upset

Comment

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
              He's making his point respectfully so I'll entertain him Ruben my homie. I think his point is thechnology/size based, but there's no statement of ring intangibles that I see so far. I dont think Wlad's jab is anywhere near as purposeful as Joe's. Vitali......there may be a case there. Neither are as fast as Joe, and I dont think either has the toughness of Joe. Neither can cut the ring off like Joe. And Vitali trying to measure Joe would not work IMO(Joe would break his ribs if he were to try. And neither one had the reach of Primo. So I'm left to believe that while it wouldn't be a walk in the park for Joe, he could very well pull out a win over either one.

As long as no name calling gets done debates like this are fun to me.

Comment

Absolutely.

Comment

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
                  Glad that you recognize this.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post
                    He's making his point respectfully so I'll entertain him Ruben my homie. I think his point is thechnology/size based, but there's no statement of ring intangibles that I see so far. I dont think Wlad's jab is anywhere near as purposeful as Joe's. Vitali......there may be a case there. Neither are as fast as Joe, and I dont think either has the toughness of Joe. Neither can cut the ring off like Joe. And Vitali trying to measure Joe would not work IMO(Joe would break his ribs if he were to try. And neither one had the reach of Primo. So I'm left to believe that while it wouldn't be a walk in the park for Joe, he could very well pull out a win over either one.

As long as no name calling gets done debates like this are fun to me.
                    I try to keep it respectful until it ain't. I wasn't comparing chins as we all know Wlad's is on shaky ground not that Joe's was rock solid either. First of all Joe Louis would NOT be able to get inside on Vitali because he merely did not have the size necessary to do so. Vitali would pepper him all night with punches from all sorts of angles. Bottom line here is that Vitali WOULD BE able to absorb Joe's punches if they landed & Joe wouldn't be able to handle Vitali's... sorry it's NOT ABOUT TECHNOLOGY Advancements here.. it's about physics.. A great big man beats a great little man almost every time.. you are definitely underestimating the dominance of one Vitali Klitschko... he's n ot merely a big guy.. he's the most dominant heavyweight of alltime when you factor in what he's done to opponents as opposed to what others do to there's. He's the most physically imposing heavy of alltime....

Comment

Yeah, probably. But Clay v Liston was a massive upset as well...it gets forgotten because of the rematch and Ali's career.

Comment

Working...
                      X