No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cleverly: I Hope Joe Calzaghe Unretires To Help Me

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Cleverly: I Hope Joe Calzaghe Unretires To Help Me

Nathan Cleverly could draft in Joe Calzaghe as a sparring partner ahead of his April 2 clash with Jurgen Braehmer at Wembley Arena.

[Click Here To Read More]

would be good sparring

Comment

Don't see why he wouldn't do it either if he's been getting in shape running.

Comment

Don't really see the value in this TBH, Calzaghe's style is completely different to Braehmers. Ok, they're both southpaws but thats about it! Also IMO Cleverly would be better getting in younger more hungry fighters to better test him. if Joe hasn't laced up gloves since he retired then TBH he won't be sharp enough.

I can see the psycological benefits of sparring with a ATG as a confidence builder but since they sparred loads in the past and Cleverly is now a Interim Champion in his own right he shouldn't need that.

I hope he gets some proper tough sparring and just continues to run with joe and maybe pick his brain for some advice, (especially on dealing with the pressure the big occassion brings).

That's just my opinion

Comment

Sure i read this over 2 weeks ago... boxingscene recycling news again?.

Comment

Confused, does he not realise that a spot of sparring does not = un-retiring from boxing.

Comment

Joe is too smart to make a comeback.

Comment

Working...
              X