Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Montiel Heated, Nonito Donaire Overweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I doubt that team Montiel is scared at all. I understand them being pissed, because the longer it takes to do the official weight-in, the longer "thier" fighter(Montiel)has to remain dehydrated to maintain the 118 that they made on time. Donaire needing the extra time throws off team Montiel's schedule to re-hydrate thier fighter and to keep him healthy and focused on the fight. And most take it as a sign of disrespect(see, Chico vs. JLC).

Overall it's nothing to get worked up about though. Both fighter's camps should've done enough research on the other fighter to have a good guess of what fight time weights they will be dealing with.

Comment

Originally posted by Ido View Post
      I am more worried about Nonito making weight than Fernando. Fernado is looking like a beast.
      http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...2&postcount=36
      Called it.

I am glad, he took the time to shed the weight instead of paying a penetly.

Comment

Team Montiel pissed that Nonito came overweight is justified. Don't pick up someone else shit, place it on the neighbors yard. It is what it is.

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
        I've stated may times Donaire is a cheat and usually out wieghs his opponents by 10 pounds at fight night hopefully this time it bites him in the ass
        Well Montiel weighed in 126 Ibs when he was camping at 115. All that talk about how Nonito could pass as a featherweight is nothing than more than hot air. Who cares, Fernando walks as a featherweight... possibly higher.

Don't worry, Fernando is superbly conditioned for this fight.

Comment

i think its just a last ditch effort by both parties to get more attention for the fight. i'm not saying that donaire's weight issue was planned, but the reaction people involved made was more likely staged.

1 lb difference isn't really that big an issue and the fact that donaire made weight in the end solves it.

Comment

nonito made weight OFFICIALLY!!! stop crying people!!

Comment

i don't think most of you are getting the point here. like other posters have stated, montiel and his team aren't just pissed that donaire took longer to make weight, it's the fact that montiel had to wait another hour staying at a dehydrated weight, not because he missed the weight, but because his opponent failed to do so.

it was justified imo. why should he be paying the price for something the other party came short at?

Comment

Originally posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post
                I doubt that team Montiel is scared at all. I understand them being pissed, because the longer it takes to do the official weight-in, the longer "thier" fighter(Montiel)has to remain dehydrated to maintain the 118 that they made on time. Donaire needing the extra time throws off team Montiel's schedule to re-hydrate thier fighter and to keep him healthy and focused on the fight. And most take it as a sign of disrespect(see, Chico vs. JLC).

Overall it's nothing to get worked up about though. Both fighter's camps should've done enough research on the other fighter to have a good guess of what fight time weights they will be dealing with.
                Exactly. It affects their preparation, and nothing more.

Comment

I wanted Montiel to win before, now even more so. Pretty unprofessional if you ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by Squizz View Post
                    I wanted Montiel to win before, now even more so. Pretty unprofessional if you ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
                      I see I'm not the only one who notices Donaire out wieghing his opponents by 10 to 15 pounds. If Donaire came in this heavy i bet Conte is suppling him with roids.
                      You sound pretty clueless on the subject of steroids.

Comment

Working...
                      X