No announcement yet.

David Haye Stuttering and Squirming Whilst Being Grilled on Ringside

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
    Yeah but there was no public demand for Mayweather vs Marquez. There were about 10 other opponents that people wanted to see Mayweather fight.

Your point makes NO SENSE (shock). If that 1 million people had wanted to see the fight, there'd have been no need for promotion, 24/7 etc.

So saying "everyone wanted to see it" as to why it was made is a fallacy. It sold because of the way it was hyped and promoted - aka fooling the public into thinking it was something to see.

You don't really make much sense

Why do you think the giant Microsoft spend 20% of their annual revenue on advertising and marketing/promoting when they are by far the market leader?

The British public demanded and got this fight. The bucket loads of ppv sales and the ton of cash this fight made is per example.

The hardcore boxing fans are irrelevant and insignificant compared to the much larger and more lucrative casual market.

If their was not any demand for both Mayweather v Marquez and Haye v Harrison, then surely after the promotion the fights would flop? This was not the case.
    Last edited by rich6666; 02-18-2011, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rich6666 View Post
      You don't really make much sense

Why do you think the giant Microsoft spend 20% of their annual revenue on advertising and marketing/promoting when they are by far the market leader?

The British public demanded and got this fight. The bucket loads of ppv sales and the ton of cash this fight made is per example.

The hardcore boxing fans are irrelevant and insignificant compared to the much larger and more lucrative casual market.

If their was not any demand for both Mayweather v Marquez and Haye v Harrison, then surely after the promotion the fights would flop? This was not the case.
      Why? The whole point of promotion is to convince people to buy the fight and in these cases to trick casual fans. If there was so much demand for both fights, then why the need for so much promotion?

Are you seriously suggesting their was a public demand for Mayweather to come back after 2 years and fight Juan Manuel Marquez? Haye-Harrison did get some build in the UK press but I cant think of any sort of clamouring for Mayweather-Marquez

Comment

Those fights sold because of the hype they were given, not because everyone demanded the fights.

Same thing with Haye vs Valuev. No one had even heard of Valuev but Haye/Sky hyped it up so much, it ended up doing incredible numbers. Not because anyone was "demanding it" - just another example of Haye robbing the public.

Comment

Those fights sold because of the hype they were given, not because everyone demanded the fights.

Same thing with Haye vs Valuev. No one had even heard of Valuev but Haye/Sky hyped it up so much, it ended up doing incredible numbers. Not because anyone was "demanding it" - just another example of Haye robbing the public.
          I agree with you 100%

Comment

for somebody who hates haye, this diggler dude really does like talking about him.

there is more to boxing than haye you know.

Comment

Why? The whole point of promotion is to convince people to buy the fight and in these cases to trick casual fans. If there was so much demand for both fights, then why the need for so much promotion?

Are you seriously suggesting their was a public demand for Mayweather to come back after 2 years and fight Juan Manuel Marquez? Haye-Harrison did get some build in the UK press but I cant think of any sort of clamouring for Mayweather-Marquez
              Boxing is a niche sport.Not sure, but i think cricket and tennis is more popular in the UK than boxing,so the Promotion is to promote the sport and event to the casual fans and make people aware that boxing is still alive.

Haye v Harrison was actually a big fight for the UK. 2 British heavyweights fighting on British soil for a world title.

Comment

I do agree with the bolded parts in part.

Surely every boxing match or sporting event for that matter will have a lot less viewers and do less numbers without the promotion and advertisement of said sport?

If the demand was not there then the ppv numbers and viewers would be low,regardless of the promotion, which was not the case for Haye v Harrison.
                Last edited by rich6666; 02-18-2011, 04:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                  Johnny Nelson was driving me crazy defending all his bull****.

It literally infuriated me when Haye justifed Harrison by saying 'Every boxing fan screamed for this fight'

He knows full well actual boxing fans will be watching this and he knows full well NONE of us wanted to see that fight.
                  I know mate i was thought the same thing, Johnny Nelson is a tit, proper are licking Haye. Atleast the other bloke had the balls to try and get something out of Haye.

Comment

Originally posted by azza21 View Post
                    I know mate i was thought the same thing, Johnny Nelson is a tit, proper are licking Haye. Atleast the other bloke had the balls to try and get something out of Haye.
                    he missed something out tho, he should have asked him why he cant wait until wlad has his fight and get a pre contract agreement or something instead of having to fight a mandatory.

Comment

Why is Wlad fighting Chisora? I agree with Haye why does he need a tune up after 50 odd fights, either fight him or Chisora, he chose Chisora.

Adam Smith grilled him after the Harrison fight also, he's the Head of Boxing for Sky, he wants that ****ing fight like we all do.

The fight everyone wants to see is Haye vs Wlad not Haye vs Vitali. Vitali is irrelevant, he's just fighting bums for the sake of it. He should just ****ing retire.

As per usual this is a case of seeing the interview how you choose to see it. I personally think they're both a pair of dicks.

P.S. I await the Red K from the Klitard Mafia.

Comment

Working...
                      X