I feel like punching your face

Comment

Originally posted by komandante View Post
      I feel like punching your face
      Arum will be dead soon

Come punch my face.

FYI - I will be in Brisbane in 9 days, and I can travel ^^

Comment

Just for the record Bob taught Oscar the business~ if you are going to fault GBP you have to fault Arum since he is responsible for their creation. If he kept Oscar happy instead of nickle and diming him to death this wouldn't be an issue~

How they do business is roughly the same also, except GBP seems a bit more clear with what they do while Bob would never share any money information that isn't required by law but it isn't like GBP is completely clear either though.
        Last edited by The Gambler1981; 02-14-2011, 12:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LeadUppercut View Post
          Uh, no.....

Arum is a selfish deceitful lying old ****, and you are a gullible kid.
          How so? I'm looking at them simply as companies which they both are, one's been in business for 50 years with stars like Ali, Duran, Leonard and Pacquaio under their banner over this time period. The other is owned by a fighter Top Rank built up, whose been in the business for 10 years or so. One partner of Golden Boy has left for whatever reason and their other veteran left because the best GBP could muster was Morales. The fact of the matter is that Arum may very well be a greedy, selfish **** but the fact is that it doesn't make for bad fights or it being bad for boxing. Bill Gates I'm sure is as greedy as they come and CERTAINLY has done some shady things in the process but the world is a better place because of Windows.

Comment

Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
            This forum is unbelievable, as Arum just stated himself he's been a promoter for 50 years now. This is the guy who brought us all the fights when boxing was in its "Golden Era" with guys like Duran, Hagler, Hearns, Ali etc these were ALL Top Rank guys. And today, Arum is responsible for Manny, Cotto as well as Floyd Golden Boy is the one with all bark. Its apparent that Golden Boy needs Arum a hell of a lot more than Arum needs Golden Boy. Arum just got a deal with CBS, you DO NOT get a contract to show your events on National TV by being a "shady, piece of **** assh*le." He is a legit businessman who knows how to make a lot of money, promote and spread his product to the masses.

As for his lying comment I'm fine with it as just stated his a promoter which is nothing more than a salesman. He's just selling a fight not a car, and with all salesman they are going to stretch the truth such as the legitimacy of Mosley as an opponent. After the fight he may very well say that Mosley was old and washed up, but you don't ever say that until you get the money in your hand. If that is what people refer to as dirty fine, but by simply stating Mosley has a ton of experience, has a tough chin, and has a lot of power is a half truth more than a lie. He's just not telling you there is a ton of mileage on the odometer and it starts to overheat after 15-20 minutes of use. Its a horrible analogy but you get the idea, its simply business and Bob runs it to perfection as his pocket book would tell you.

Also what Arum is doing by not doing business with Golden Boy is nothing new to business either. I don't see Microsoft buying any Apple products or vice versa, you simply don't want your biggest rivals product on anything you produce. Golden Boy is just pissed that their biggest bread winners left are Khan and Alvarez, especially because Floyd isn't fighting (though he is a free agent) and now Mosley and Marquez jumped **** GBP isn't left with ****. They have two potential stars in Khan and Alvarez but they need the Top Rank fighters to become names. Bob is making a monopoly of boxing much like UFC has in MMA, but if all the guys are under one promotion they'll all end up fighting each other. Anyone hating on any of these circumstances is nothing more than a hater, Arum has potentially put boxing into a new "golden era" and its A LOT better than anything Golden Boy can put out.
            Ah, do you mind explaining how MICROSOFT Word, MICROSOFT Excel, and MICROSOFT Power Point got into millions of APPLE Macbooks?
            I'll pay more attention to the rest of your ramblings once you clarify that. Thanks.

Comment

Top Rank has the rep that Golden Boy is trying to build, it's not easy .

Comment

Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
                This forum is unbelievable, as Arum just stated himself he's been a promoter for 50 years now. This is the guy who brought us all the fights when boxing was in its "Golden Era" with guys like Duran, Hagler, Hearns, Ali etc these were ALL Top Rank guys. And today, Arum is responsible for Manny, Cotto as well as Floyd Golden Boy is the one with all bark. Its apparent that Golden Boy needs Arum a hell of a lot more than Arum needs Golden Boy. Arum just got a deal with CBS, you DO NOT get a contract to show your events on National TV by being a "shady, piece of **** assh*le." He is a legit businessman who knows how to make a lot of money, promote and spread his product to the masses.

As for his lying comment I'm fine with it as just stated his a promoter which is nothing more than a salesman. He's just selling a fight not a car, and with all salesman they are going to stretch the truth such as the legitimacy of Mosley as an opponent. After the fight he may very well say that Mosley was old and washed up, but you don't ever say that until you get the money in your hand. If that is what people refer to as dirty fine, but by simply stating Mosley has a ton of experience, has a tough chin, and has a lot of power is a half truth more than a lie. He's just not telling you there is a ton of mileage on the odometer and it starts to overheat after 15-20 minutes of use. Its a horrible analogy but you get the idea, its simply business and Bob runs it to perfection as his pocket book would tell you.

Also what Arum is doing by not doing business with Golden Boy is nothing new to business either. I don't see Microsoft buying any Apple products or vice versa, you simply don't want your biggest rivals product on anything you produce. Golden Boy is just pissed that their biggest bread winners left are Khan and Alvarez, especially because Floyd isn't fighting (though he is a free agent) and now Mosley and Marquez jumped **** GBP isn't left with ****. They have two potential stars in Khan and Alvarez but they need the Top Rank fighters to become names. Bob is making a monopoly of boxing much like UFC has in MMA, but if all the guys are under one promotion they'll all end up fighting each other. Anyone hating on any of these circumstances is nothing more than a hater, Arum has potentially put boxing into a new "golden era" and its A LOT better than anything Golden Boy can put out.
                great post!

Comment

Arum shouldn't talk. He's just as bad as Don King.

Comment

The 80's is not the golden era of boxing that is before 1950~ the 80's are much closer to the downfall of boxing as you could follow the cracks in the foundation of the sport back to that period.

In fact the last 50 years have been pretty shitty for boxing as it is continually shrinking and getting less visible, a sinking ship is a sinking ship and if you want to call Arum the captain then he share the largest portion of the blame.

Comment

Where do u think Oscar learned it from?

Comment

Working...
                      X