Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Agbeko-Mares, Darchinyan-Perez at Nokia Theatre

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you're right about 7500 capacity. u been there before? what r the crappy seats like, might have to just get those

Comment

Originally posted by Afactor4 View Post
      If I'm not mistaken, for these kinds of events it only seats a shade over 7,000.

And that really sucks for me. Barely 10 minutes away from my house, I probably won't get tickets, and if i do they'll be really ****ty unless I wanna pay absolute top dollar. To top it all off, my man Vic is fighting.

WHY NOT JUST MAKE IT AT THE GOD DAMN STAPLES CENTER!?!?
      That seems doable if they promote it correctly.

Comment

i'm picking agbeko to beat mares. perez over darchi.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadows View Post
          That seems doable if they promote it correctly.
          Of course they'll sell out. There's no question about it. Armenians in the Southern California area will flood in to see Vic. Abner Mares is based in Southern California as well, so he'll likely have a lot of support too.

My beef is that they could've easily done the event at Staples Center which is literally right across the street from LA live. When I'm going to Clipper games I park in LA lives parking structure and j-walk across the street to go to Staples Center. This change would've led to a bigger venue, better seating options, and a bigger event in general. I've sat in like 35 dollar seats before at Staples Center, and their quite good for such cheap tickets.

And for the other poster, I've never been inside the Nokia theatre, but I'm assuming that at such a small venue, tickets will be sold very fast, and the most reasonably priced tickets will be gone in no time, leaving either expensive but not quite ringside seating, or very cheap seating in an area where you can barely see the ring.

Comment

Of course they'll sell out. There's no question about it. Armenians in the Southern California area will flood in to see Vic. Abner Mares is based in Southern California as well, so he'll likely have a lot of support too.

My beef is that they could've easily done the event at Staples Center which is literally right across the street from LA live. When I'm going to Clipper games I park in LA lives parking structure and j-walk across the street to go to Staples Center. This change would've led to a bigger venue, better seating options, and a bigger event in general. I've sat in like 35 dollar seats before at Staples Center, and their quite good for such cheap tickets.

And for the other poster, I've never been inside the Nokia theatre, but I'm assuming that at such a small venue, tickets will be sold very fast, and the most reasonably priced tickets will be gone in no time, leaving either expensive but not quite ringside seating, or very cheap seating in an area where you can barely see the ring.
            i dont think they did this at staples,Because of the nba playoffs.They dont
            know what days the lakers will play.

Comment

Originally posted by Di Bushbaby View Post
              These kind of shows are the REAL "big shows"in boxing baby!!
              you ain't lying. I CANT WAIT for this card.

I got Agbeko and I haven't decided on the other fight.

Agbeko has too much in his repertoire for Mares IMO. He's slick and has beautiful spacing.

Vic just isn't strong enough at bantam to me, but if he boxes he can befuddle Perez. I'm not sure who I'm picking there yet.

LOL at someone who said Agbeko's getting ko'd.

Anyone wanna wager on MAres? I got King Kong!!!!

Comment

I've benver been there but people say its a great place to watch the fights. few if any bad seats and a truly great atmosphere. knowledgable boxing fans, people fully into it (not like south florida where everyone's trying to be cool and shi t)

Comment

Working...
                X