No announcement yet.

People should stop comparing McCloskey with Salita

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People should stop comparing McCloskey with Salita

Stop disrespecting McCloskey by saying that he is another Salita. Salita is nowhere near as good as McCloskey. Salita is a true bum. I said this on the day Amir signed to fight Salita, the day of the Khan-Salita fight and the day after Amir beat Salita.

McCloskley on the other hand is ranked #10 by The Ring and is in the top 10 of most world rankings. McCloskey is ranked #10 by BoxRec while Salita was ranked #54 when Amir fought him. That alone should tell you what's up.

Yes, Amir should have little problems with McCloskey but that doesn't mean McCloskey is a walk-in-the-park. McCloskey has got genuine skills and has an akward southpaw style what good give Amir a few problems. He is also tough as nails so don't expect Amir to blow him away Salita-style.

With that said. Khan by 8th round TKO.

Salita isnt even really a bum. He's kinda ***** and worse than McCloskey but he was the mandatory.

McCloskey is a good boxer. There is a chance that Khan could make him look ***** but he'd do well against other top fighters i think

Comment

remember when people were saying that Kotelnik was a bum when Amir beat him? Despite Kotelnik losing a very close fight against Witter and beating the likes of M'Baye and Maidana.

Their opinion changed quikly after Kotelnik beat Alexander.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
        Salita isnt even really a bum. He's kinda ***** and worse than McCloskey but he was the mandatory.

McCloskey is a good boxer. There is a chance that Khan could make him look ***** but he'd do well against other top fighters i think
        I have absolutely no idea why the WBA made Salita Amir's mandatory? Was it because he was a Zionist? .

Comment

Khan doesn't fight bums, he just makes them look that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
            Khan doesn't fight bums, he just makes them look that way.
            green mother****ing k.

Comment

Whilst I totally agree with you...this is pointless. It will only be when Mccloskey does well against another established fighter that the americans will realise he is a good fighter. I totally agree with the kotelnik comparison.

If khan lights him up (which I think he will) he will get no credit...if he struggles in patches people will **** on him and say he is not ready for bradley or 147. When it comes to khan the haters will never rest...I have come to realise.

Comment

Originally posted by wazaa. View Post
                Stop disrespecting McCloskey by saying that he is another Salita. Salita is nowhere near as good as McCloskey. Salita is a true bum. I said this on the day Amir signed to fight Salita, the day of the Khan-Salita fight and the day after Amir beat Salita.

McCloskley on the other hand is ranked #10 by The Ring and is in the top 10 of most world rankings. McCloskey is ranked #10 by BoxRec while Salita was ranked #54 when Amir fought him. That alone should tell you what's up.

Yes, Amir should have little problems with McCloskey but that doesn't mean McCloskey is a walk-in-the-park. McCloskey has got genuine skills and has an akward southpaw style what good give Amir a few problems. He is also tough as nails so don't expect Amir to blow him away Salita-style.

With that said. Khan by 8th round TKO.
                Did you know Mcklowskey before this?

Hvae you seen any of his fights before Amir?

Comment

Originally posted by wazaa. View Post
                  I have absolutely no idea why the WBA made Salita Amir's mandatory? Was it because he was a Zionist? .
                  because salita was mildly popular and even though he couldn't fight a lick and never beat anyone that goes a long way in boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by PandaKilla View Post
                    Did you know Mcklowskey before this?

Hvae you seen any of his fights before Amir?
                    No. Did you know about Peterson before Bradley fought him?

Had you seen any of his fights before Bradley?

Comment

Working...
                    X