No announcement yet.

Whats Mike Tyson's best win?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
    Were the WBC rules followed when they made Tyson no1 contender coming out of prison? LOL....fuk outta here.
    They obviously were, which is why Lewis lost his case to stop Tyson-Bruno.
    Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
    Lewis was neccesarily a "major draw" but he was probably the best HW in the world at the time and the biggest threat to Tyson. Hence the fight would've been huge.
    What had Lewis done at that point? Lets see:
    -He had a bore war with a way over the Hill Tucker. Tyson had beat a prime Tucker in a more dominant fashion
    -He was clearly getting outboxed by by Bruno, before Bruno's glass chin let him down. Tyson had koed Bruno in 5 rounds
    -He was koed in 2 rounds against McCall the journeyman
    McCall was Tysons ex sparring partner and would lose to Bruno
    -He had got a very controversial win over Mercer. The same Mercer who had lost to a washed up Holmes, Journeyman Ferguson and over the hill Holyfield

These are the credentials for being the best hw in 1996?
    Last edited by Toney616; 02-07-2011, 01:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronMike. View Post
      They obviously were, which is why Lewis lost his case to stop Tyson-Bruno.

What had Lewis done at that point? Lets see:
      -He had a bore war with a way over the Hill Tucker. Tyson had beat a prime Tucker in a more dominant fashion
      -He was clearly getting outboxed by by Bruno, before Bruno's glass chin let him down. Tyson had koed Bruno in 5 rounds
      -He was koed in 2 rounds against McCall the journeyman
      McCall was Tysons ex sparring partner and would lose to Bruno
      -He had got a very controversial win over Mercer. The same Mercer who had lost to a washed up Holmes, Journeyman Ferguson and over the hill Holyfield

These are the credentials for being the best hw in 1996?
      Lost? He won a 4m dollar settlement.

Lewis was Tyson's biggest threat. Certainly better than Bruno, or SeLOLdon. Stop embarrassing yourself by denying this.

Comment

Lost? He won a 4m dollar settlement.
        He didn't win a 4m settlement. How on earth does King paying him step aside money to allow Tyson-Sheldon have anything to do with the wbc breaking their rules by allowing Tyson-Bruno? It was King that paid him, not the wbc
        Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
        Lewis was Tyson's biggest threat. Certainly better than Bruno, or SheLdon. Stop embarrassing yourself by denying this.
        I would say a motivated Bowe or Witherspoon would of been Tyson's biggest threats back then

off topic:
        As for Lewis think Ike Ibeabuchi and Chris Byrd

Comment

• Originally posted by IronMike. View Post
          He didn't win a 4m settlement. How on earth does King paying him step aside money to allow Tyson-Sheldon have anything to do with the wbc breaking their rules by allowing Tyson-Bruno? It was King that paid him, not the wbc

I would say a motivated Bowe or Witherspoon would of been Tyson's biggest threats back then

off topic:
          As for Lewis think Ike Ibeabuchi and Chris Byrd
          Regardless, theres nothing in the WBC rules that states a fighter coming out of prison is automatically no1 contender for the championship. The only reason Tyson was WBC Champion (and not Lewis) was because of that bull***** ruling.

Funny, Tyson didnt fight either of them. They wanted to milk that cash cow by fighting soft touches for as long as possible. Thats why they avoided Lewis and other threats to fight Bruno, SeLOLdon and what they thought was a washed up Holyfield.

Like I said, everyone can see that.

Comment

• Lewis was not widely considered more dangerous than Holyfield, the offer for the fight was after the dubious Mercer fight in which he had looked horrible, the same guy Holyfield beat impressively. Lewis priced himself out of the fight. I'm a much bigger fan of Lewis though, and I think he has the greater resume.

Comment

• Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
              Lewis was not widely considered more dangerous than Holyfield, the offer for the fight was after the dubious Mercer fight in which he had looked horrible, the same guy Holyfield beat impressively. Lewis priced himself out of the fight. I'm a much bigger fan of Lewis though, and I think he has the greater resume.
              Like I said, people feared for Holyfield's health before the fight. Stop revising history. Tyson wanted nothing to do with Lewis or any threat at that time. They wanted to milk him for as much as they could and hope he'd recapture his pre-prison form before putting him in with somone of Lewis' stature.

Comment

Like I said, people feared for Holyfield's health before the fight. Stop revising history. Tyson wanted nothing to do with Lewis or any threat at that time. They wanted to milk him for as much as they could and hope he'd recapture his pre-prison form before putting him in with somone of Lewis' stature.
                Lennox would of been a huge underdog against Tyson too, and at the end of the day Lewis priced himself out...by your logic, Lewis ducked Ruiz and was it Byrd or Moorer? Cant remember but he vacated in order to not fight those southpaws.

Comment

• Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
                  Lennox would of been a huge underdog against Tyson too, and at the end of the day Lewis priced himself out...by your logic, Lewis ducked Ruiz and was it Byrd or Moorer? Cant remember but he vacated in order to not fight those southpaws.
                  He would've been an underdog probably but not in the same way Holyfield was. Like I said, revisionist history at its best. Lennox did not "price himself out". If he made 10m to fight Tucker, theres no way he should only get 10m to fight Tyson. Thats common sense. Saying otherwise is ridiculous.

Lewis "ducked" Ruiz and Byrd then fought Vitali Klitschko instead.

Comment

He would've been an underdog probably but not in the same way Holyfield was. Like I said, revisionist history at its best. Lennox did not "price himself out". If he made 10m to fight Tucker, theres no way he should only get 10m to fight Tyson. Thats common sense. Saying otherwise is ridiculous.

Lewis "ducked" Ruiz and Byrd then fought Vitali Klitschko instead.
                    Well Iron Mike already explained that to you but oh well then, and so what if he fought Vitali that doesn't mean he beat Byrd and Ruiz, thats a poor excuse and Byrd was a southpaw - something Lewis hated. Not to mention Lewis vacated in order to not face Ruiz way before the Vitali fight so I don't see how thats relevant in anyway. Not that I think Lewis ducked Ruiz, but by your logic he did.

Comment

• even tony tucker >>>>> anything wlad has EVER accomplished.

wlad is a modern day roided fraud who makes due on beating oponents with ******....

Comment

Working...
                      X