No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Abraham Was Urged To See a Psychologist By Wegner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bierstadt View Post
    Wegner should see a psychologist himself.

Abraham has the right skills to be a world class boxer, but he needs a good trainer.
    What skills? Abraham is one-dimensional, slow, and mediocre in pretty much everything... The ONLY thing he got is power, thats it. Abraham is and always was an overprotected b-level fighter... Dirrell and Froch exposed him.

Comment

Originally posted by Megamerican View Post
      What skills? Abraham is one-dimensional, slow, and mediocre in pretty much everything... The ONLY thing he got is power, thats it. Abraham is and always was an overprotected b-level fighter... Dirrell and Froch exposed him.
      I think he be an elite 160 pounder.

He has good defense, great chin, massive power.

He gets a better trainer and he could own 160.

He's a little out of his league at 168.

Comment

I like Wegner, but he needs to be honest with himself: Abraham is a limited fighter who simply can't win them all. And lets keep it funky, Froch should've been his third loss because Edison Miranda beat Abraham the first time. Germany is to thank for that "victory", and that's coming from a huge fan of King Arthur.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post

Martinez would beat him easy it would a schooling, Own 160? Biggest joke I ever heard. Abraham looked good against all those bums in his IBF title run, and then its not like he looked super good. He mostly looked mediocre... Pavlik would have destroyed him.

Pirog would beat him too, easy easy.

And I'd give several more guys at 160 a good chance at beating him. Abraham was never that special. Defenitley one of the most overrated boxers in the past few years.

Comment

he was owning the middleweight division, but neither a fight with Pavlik nor with Sturm could have been made.

its too late for going back to middleweight and I doubt he can make weight.

Comment

Originally posted by madamfackah View Post
              he was owning the middleweight division, but neither a fight with Pavlik nor with Sturm could have been made.

its too late for going back to middleweight and I doubt he can make weight.
              By beating guys like lajuan simon, mahir oral and elvin ayala? LOL. Pavlik was the linear champion, HE owned the division. He's run as a champion wasn't spectacular but he beat a prime Taylor twice, thats better than anything abraham ever did.
              Last edited by the niggest; 02-06-2011, 03:16 PM.

Comment

A very good trainer does not throw his fighter under the bus like he did after the fight.
                I said he was a very good trainer not person

Comment

No question about it, Abraham indeed is a world class boxer and perhaps on the highest skillful level. If you watched abraham's fights closely then you should have seen he possesses a unique type of skill to time and neutralize his opponents. I strongly believe that when AA loses his compulsion he mentally scatters and loses his concentration. In boxing, compulsion and confidence is an important feature to be effective in the ring. It has nothing to do with froch, but it all started from dirrell. Dirrell broke Abraham's spirit. Gary shaw too played too many dirty games to begin with. Postponement and moving the fight to Detroit, it all played significant roll. I guess when AA doesn't get crowds' support he doesn't feel right. In Armenian we call it mantrage or mantrash, lol when a person gets a kind of embarrassment and tries to hide but can't. You can see all over his face. These things happen when the person battling with his psychological instability. it's very common with undefeated boxers when they were exalted with praise and pride and suddenly someone is toppling their pride. He's an adventurer and loves the fame. Barely started a recognition, but already received a ferrari for a gift and purchased a private jet. This kind of self-acquired pride toppled his ego rapidly. And it's all has to do with something else rather than his skills and performance. With him it's all mental.

Comment

Originally posted by dorruel2.0 View Post
                    Wegner is a very very good trainer
                    a very good trainer doesn't call his fighter a coward in the middle of a fight

Comment

Some of these clowns dont even know **** bout boxing...do you guys box to throw such conclusions??? You have no ***en rights to talk **** about boxers idiots...go ahead and tell them straight in their face and will be kncoked out dead...you probably forgot how AA punished Taylor and Miranda.
                      you just bunch of american racists...remember that Europe has more fighters than you guys do ...

Comment

Working...
                      X