Torres Makes Night for Knockouts
by Andre Courtemanche
It is now confirmed that #1 ranked contender, Ricardo “Mochuelo” Torres has been named as WBO Super Lightweight Champion Miguel Cotto’s new opponent for the co-featured bout of the highly anticipated Atlantic City “Boardwalk Brawl” event on September 24. Headlined by the Samuel Peter vs. Wladimir Klitschko heavyweight elimination fight, the addition of Torres changes the dynamic of the evening. “Now both of the main fights have the same style match-up,” said promoter Dino Duva. “Cotto vs. Torres is going to be a perfect complement to Peter vs. Klitschko. It’ll be power vs. power in both fights and fans in Atlantic City and around the world will be the big winners.” Torres sports a record of 28-0 with 26 of his victories coming by knockout. The opportunity for him to face Cotto arose when originally slated foe Gianluca Branco suffered a hand injury last week.
Wednesday, September 7 2005
by Andre Courtemanche
It is now confirmed that #1 ranked contender, Ricardo “Mochuelo” Torres has been named as WBO Super Lightweight Champion Miguel Cotto’s new opponent for the co-featured bout of the highly anticipated Atlantic City “Boardwalk Brawl” event on September 24. Headlined by the Samuel Peter vs. Wladimir Klitschko heavyweight elimination fight, the addition of Torres changes the dynamic of the evening. “Now both of the main fights have the same style match-up,” said promoter Dino Duva. “Cotto vs. Torres is going to be a perfect complement to Peter vs. Klitschko. It’ll be power vs. power in both fights and fans in Atlantic City and around the world will be the big winners.” Torres sports a record of 28-0 with 26 of his victories coming by knockout. The opportunity for him to face Cotto arose when originally slated foe Gianluca Branco suffered a hand injury last week.
Wednesday, September 7 2005
Comment