Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has Lee signed with Dibella?

Comment

The Hit Parade

Boxing has been known for it's cruel nature in many respects.
      Yesterday evenings battle between Sergio Mora and Brain Vera is a very good example of just how cruel and insane this business can be.

Mora draws with Mosely.
      Shane's reward is a multi million dollar exhibition against the best in the world.
      This draw buys Mora an ESPN loss to a very tough Brian Vera for a purse of $36,000.
      Mora now slides into obscurity once again while Vera's reward is the opportunity to allow Andy Lee to avenge his KO loss at Brian's hands.
      That's good for a few grand but is no real career move for Mr. Vera.

Mora cannot crack but has some skill when he remains on the outside.
      Mosely is shot after 12 minutes of action.
      Just imagine what Manny can do with the same man that "The Latin Snake" forced a draw with.
      We are told by greed soaked promoters that Shane has a chance against Pac, even though the events I just related dictate an obvious destruction of the future Hall Of Famer. Old is old my friends.

Common sense says that any dedicated follower of what remains of Boxing, should neglect such a ridiculous sales pitch.
      I love to watch Manny do his thing, but not at the cost of my self respect.
      I will take the 55 buck PPV fee and donate it to a child hunger project in my area.
      We have already made Arum, Manny and Mosely wealthy enough.
      The buck stops here.

Arum appears to have a monopoly and strangle hold on the sport right now.
      Guys like Mora and Vera are simply pawns in the ongoing battle for equality in a game that screams to be regulated.
      The very fact that a non competeitive prize fight sells out in three hours tells us that the once noble craft of pugilism has become a system as sick as Wall Street and the banking trade.

Americans can be sold almost anything if a corporation backs it.
      Don't look now but respect of prize fighters, just like respect of finance, demands sacrifice and education.
      This means no more auction block and no more chumps willing to blow their paychecks on damaged goods.
      Yes. This was once a noble craft and Blinky Palermo had more integrity then Bob Arum, even when the fix was in.
      At least when the fix was in, we all knew it.

Comment

Originally posted by StrangerInTown View Post
        Boxing has been known for it's cruel nature in many respects.
        Yesterday evenings battle between Sergio Mora and Brain Vera is a very good example of just how cruel and insane this business can be.

Mora draws with Mosely.
        Shane's reward is a multi million dollar exhibition against the best in the world.
        This draw buys Mora an ESPN loss to a very tough Brian Vera for a purse of $36,000.
        Mora now slides into obscurity once again while Vera's reward is the opportunity to allow Andy Lee to avenge his KO loss at Brian's hands.
        That's good for a few grand but is no real career move for Mr. Vera.

Mora cannot crack but has some skill when he remains on the outside.
        Mosely is shot after 12 minutes of action.
        Just imagine what Manny can do with the same man that "The Latin Snake" forced a draw with.
        We are told by greed soaked promoters that Shane has a chance against Pac, even though the events I just related dictate an obvious destruction of the future Hall Of Famer. Old is old my friends.

Common sense says that any dedicated follower of what remains of Boxing, should neglect such a ridiculous sales pitch.
        I love to watch Manny do his thing, but not at the cost of my self respect.
        I will take the 55 buck PPV fee and donate it to a child hunger project in my area.
        We have already made Arum, Manny and Mosely wealthy enough.
        The buck stops here.

Arum appears to have a monopoly and strangle hold on the sport right now.
        Guys like Mora and Vera are simply pawns in the ongoing battle for equality in a game that screams to be regulated.
        The very fact that a non competeitive prize fight sells out in three hours tells us that the once noble craft of pugilism has become a system as sick as Wall Street and the banking trade.

Americans can be sold almost anything if a corporation backs it.
        Don't look now but respect of prize fighters, just like respect of finance, demands sacrifice and education.
        This means no more auction block and no more chumps willing to blow their paychecks on damaged goods.
        Yes. This was once a noble craft and Blinky Palermo had more integrity then Bob Arum, even when the fix was in.
        At least when the fix was in, we all knew it.

Good post. Boxing is rife with these crazy scenarios where winning fighters do not get rewarded properly and losing fighters seemingly get rewarded for proving themselves to be easy pickings for champions.

Ronald Hearns getting a shot at Felix Sturm is a disgrace. He was knocked out by Harry Joe Yorgey. What did Yorgey get? An undercard fight where he was fed to Alfredo Angulo. Hearns on the other hand is rewarded with a world title shot.

A few months back Hearns had a contract on the table to fight fellow Michigan prospect Brian Mihtar on a fight card at Caesar's Palace Windsor. The rest of the card was set, a lot of young prospects had signed on, Mihtar had signed his contract, and Hearns simply refused to sign then took on a journeyman opponent in a total mismatch a month or two later.

As for Mosley-Pac. You are right old is old.

It's reminiscent of an ancient Joe Louis being fed to Marciano. An aging Ali being fed to Holmes. An aging Holmes being fed to Tyson. An aging Chavez being fed to DLH, twice. An aging ... oh you get the picture.

Comment

Working...
        X