No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Juanma-Marquez Rematch Eyed For August, Says Arum

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I vote no to the rematch.

who's the fool acting like rafa isn't an hof'er?

too sharp? tim austin?

Comment

Lopez only wants to fight opponents that he is certain he will beat without too much trouble.He wants easy fights and is terrified of fighting someone who he feels poses a legitimate threat.That's why he avoided Caballero for as long as he did in one of the most blatant and shameful ducks in recent boxing history.

Comment

Boxing fans are crazy sometimes. I think Marquez/Lopez 2 would be a great fight.Rafael Marquez is a hall of famer with still something left in the tank. There are some other good fights that can be made for Lopez at 126 but Marquez brings obviously the most $$$$$$$, and brings more excitement and power than Rojas or John. I know people just want to see Lopez/Gamboa but Gamboa still hasn't been in with very good opponents, he still needs time. Right now, Lopez would beat him up.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
          Why? Why a rematch with so many potential opponents around? WTF?
          Cause this is boxing.

What kind of sport would this be if the best actually fight the best!?

Comment

I bet we never gonna see Lopez face Gamboa!!! I'm sure Lopez want it, but Arum just want to protect his Puerto-Rican cash cow!!!

Comment

Juanma is a little Biatch, you will never see the fight between him and Gamboa. Bob arum protects all his boxers from any potential danger. I can understand it from a business point of view, but sometimes you have to test your fighters to see how good they really are. Juanma is just like Pacman, they seek out the easy pray. Thats why they will never fight the true threats in the sport. I dont look at these two guys as the best in their divisions cause they dodge too many good fighters.

Comment

I don't understand the reasoning to have this rematch?

Really? What is the point of this unnecessary rematch?

Comment

Can't wait for the rematch...I was there live..**** was electricfying!!!

Comment

Originally posted by prinzemanspopa View Post
                    Lopez only wants to fight opponents that he is certain he will beat without too much trouble.He wants easy fights and is terrified of fighting someone who he feels poses a legitimate threat.That's why he avoided Caballero for as long as he did in one of the most blatant and shameful ducks in recent boxing history.
                    Certainly you're not referring to the same Caballero that got outclassed by JASON LITZAU. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, you must know of a Caballero that I'm not aware of.

This rematch is absolutely unnecessary, BUT it would be hard for any real boxing fan to say they wouldn't like to watch it. All action, tons of punches, a likely stoppage, what's not to like? Although I am pretty confident the outcome would be very similar to the first bout.

Comment

No reason for it, JuanMa was clearly the winner and starting to dominate towards the end.

Comment

Working...
                      X