No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mikemurni View Post
    You guys are morons.. You are actually comparing the Cotto of 3 years ago to the Cotto now, thinking that he is better just because he is a LMW..lol
    It helps.

So does him having a trainer and not training himself/creating his own gameplan's. It also helps that he's not fresh off of the plaster beating and going tooth and nail with Clottey in a fight he might have lost....Miguel was a mess at that stage.

As a fan it's great to see that with Diaz and Steward he has regained not only his footwork but also his use of the jab and ring intelligence. He's back to the best he's been since the fight with cheato.

Comment

• Originally posted by raskat View Post
      How did you guys score Mayweather vs Cotto? Cause I scored it for Cotto. When I saw it live (HBO) I didnt score it but I felt Cotto won and the HBO commentary was biased and ******ed and disgraceful. Now I just finished watching the British BoxNation Broadcast and the commentary was an absolute disgrace, the commentators should be fired, they were acting as if Mayweather was outclassing Cotto the whole fight. They all want to hype the Pacquiao-Floyd fight, that's why they are all acting as if Mayweather was winning the fight.
      I scored the fight the 2nd time I watched it and I had Cotto winning 6 rounds to 4 with 2 rounds even. I scored the 5th and the 11th round a draw but as I said, I had Cotto winning. No bull****, no Floyd hate, I just scored it the way I saw it. How did you score it?

Here is my scorecard:
      Round 1: 10 - 9 Mayweather
      Round 2: 9 - 10 Cotto
      Round 3: 9 - 10 Cotto
      Round 4: 10 - 9 Mayweather
      Round 5: 10 - 10 Draw
      Round 6: 9 - 10 Cotto
      Round 7: 10 - 9 Mayweather
      Round 8: 9 - 10 Cotto
      Round 9: 9 - 10 Cotto
      Round 10: 9 - 10 Cotto
      Round 11: 10 - 10 Draw
      Round 12: 10 - 9 Mayweather
      ----------------------------------------------------------------
      Final Score: 114:116 Cotto

No way did Mayweather win this fight. NO WAY. A lot of rounds were close, and a lot of punches were blocked on both sides, but overall Cotto was outworking Floyd, showing good offence, landing good body punches and nice jabs. Floyd landed some decent shots from the outside, but only a few in the whole fight. Cotto blocked most of his punches or made him miss. HBO punch stats: forget it. Just a bunch of biased ridiculous crap.
      Cotto won, sorry guys, but that's how I saw it. And when you look at Floyd in between the rounds, you could see he was confused as hell. And when he pulled that stunt after the fight when he interrupted the Steward-Lampley fight conclusion, I knew Floyd knows he lost.
      I scored something around draw

This is my scorecard (I use Your color )

Cotto / Mayweather

Round 1: 10 - 10 Draw
      Round 2: 10 - 9 Cotto
      Round 3: 10 - 9 Cotto
      Round 4: 10 - 10 Draw
      Round 5: 10 - 10 Draw
      Round 6: 10 - 8 Cotto
      Round 7: 9 - 10 Mayweather
      Round 8: 10 - 9 Cotto
      Round 9: 10 - 10 Draw
      Round 10: 9 - 10 Mayweather
      Round 11: 10 - 10 Draw
      Round 12: 8 - 10 Mayweather

Final Score 116:115 for Cotto

5 Draw Rounds, 4 to Cotto, 3 to Mayweather

maybe a draw, but hell no to Mayweather

if someone will telling me that Mayweather won this fight 117-111 (twice) and 118-110, i will say...
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9yxDZfhYbM
      thank You and goodnight

Comment

• Originally posted by lfc19titles View Post
        how so? cotto used little head movement vs floyd, you saw how he walked through floyds punches which he could not to do with pacs, was that a factor?

I believe floyd landed around 26 percent or so of his punches while pac landed at around 38

nothing to do with boxing but thought I'd add it in there just because I hate scousers.

Comment

• I'm baffled as to how you don't think Mayweather deserved to win any round until past the midway point. Terrible card, imo.

Comment

• Originally posted by T-97 View Post
            I'm baffled as to how you don't think Mayweather deserved to win any round until past the midway point. Terrible card, imo.
            Indeed, I had Mayweather 5-0 up after 5 rounds and feared the worst....the 5th round in particular was one-sided in Mayweather's favour.

Then Miguel went for it and the next 5 rounds were all close, I gave him 3 of them, with Mayweather winning the last couple again. Miguel is my favourite fighter and he put in a great effort, but he lost pretty clear tonight.

Comment

• Why didnt cotto give a post-fight interview

Cotto is my favorite fighter but i was extremely disappointed that he did not give a post fight interview. Does anyone know the real reason or was he being a poor sport?

Comment

• I can't understand why Cotto didn't commit to his jab more. As it was working so well.

Comment

• I asked the same thing. Not sure why he was that upset, especially considering him getting his highest payday. I think he was just being a poor sport.

Comment

• I assume being a 'poor sport', as you put it

But nah, I can understand. He's in the biggest fight of his life, gives it his all and does better than a lot of people expect him to. Then he gets told he didn't do it... it's gotta crush a guy, I'm guessing that was the reason.

Comment

• Originally posted by T-97 View Post
                      I assume being a 'poor sport', as you put it

But nah, I can understand. He's in the biggest fight of his life, gives it his all and does better than a lot of people expect him to. Then he gets told he didn't do it... it's gotta crush a guy, I'm guessing that was the reason.
                      According to his twitter he disagreed with the decision.

Comment

Working...
                      X