Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by -TITAN- View Post
    its gonna be a good fight floyd should win but cotto will fight
    green k ...gonna be a great night of boxing.like i said i have nothing but respect for Cotto damn good fighter and seems to be a stand up guy.enjoy the fight.been good debating with someone without the name calling

Comment

• Originally posted by KingTito View Post
      Mayweather has definitely lost a step or two. Cotto is certainly capable of hurting him. I still expect Mayweather to win a UD, but I don't think it will be easy for Floyd.
      Floyd stops Cotto. watch.

Comment

• Originally posted by yesir View Post
        Floyd stops Cotto. watch.
        i think so to.not a str8 up ko.but i think the fight may get stopped due to cuts or a corner stoppage.but hey Cotto is a warrior and you can't doubt his heart

Comment

• Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
          i think so to.not a str8 up ko.but i think the fight may get stopped due to cuts or a corner stoppage.but hey Cotto is a warrior and you can't doubt his heart
          agreed. i see a TKO around the 10th

Comment

agreed. i see a TKO around the 10th
            thats the round i chose aswell

Comment

• wait people think this is a real fight? cotto is just cashing out. i seriously doubt he ever fights again. this fight could easily be fixed. if something strange happens like cotto rocks floyd then his arms turn into silly putty like mosley's or floyd hits cotto with brass knuckles(he's done it before) you will know what's up.

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
                wait people think this is a real fight? cotto is just cashing out. i seriously doubt he ever fights again. this fight could easily be fixed. if something strange happens like cotto rocks floyd then his arms turn into silly putty like mosley's or floyd hits cotto with brass knuckles(he's done it before) you will know what's up.

Comment

Oh. when you said "adjustments" are you talking abou tthe Low blow frustrated Cotto hit judah with and putting on his track shoes against shane...are these the "adjustments" you are talking about?
                  The adjustments were timing. On Judah he was able to adjust to the upper cut and the straight cross, that he was getting tagged with. On Mosley again it was timing and constantly changing up keeping Mosley out of his rhythm. Still he was outboxed my Judah but adjusted enough so that he could proceed to deliver a beatdown. I think he realized beating down Mosley wasn't going to happen, but that was an example of his timing overcoming Mosley's superior hand speed.

Look I don't disagree with you, likely we don't see that version of Cotto and Mayweather just has too much skill.

But there is to my suprise a tremendous buzz about this fight. Which seems somewhat unjustified given where Cotto's been since those performances. Like him or not my theory is that folks are thinking about the best version of Cotto up against Mayweather in this matchup. When as recently as prior to the second Margarito fight, Cotto was largely regarded as "shot".

Or maybe it's just that there's a lot of folks that would like to see Floyd beat and are trying to fabricate a version of Cotto that beats Floyd.

Floyd is my favorite fighter, but you got to admit, Cotto beating Mayweather would be like Douglas/Tyson, absolutely sick. I mean Floyd would have to be hurt for that to happen. We've just never seen it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
                    who you got? i got the guy on the left. he's about to connect on a titanic 2 handed flurry attack......then again the guy on the right is about to connect on a titanic 2 handed flurry attack so i don't know.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                      X