No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by street bully View Post
    You guys talk as if cotto is prone to one shot KO's. You have to beat him down and earn your KO against him with rellentless pressure, and mayweather can not do that.
    What do you mean, Bully? You act like people are talking about the 3rd round or one big shot. We are talking about the 12th round after alot of hard hits both ways and he was staggered. No one is saying land one shot. Theyre saying Floyd shouldve jumped on him

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      Where did you say Mayweather clearly won?
      Where did I say he didn't clearly win??

Comment

• Full Mayweather Jr vs Cotto fight [HD Video] - Post your scorecard.

Post your round by round scores.

Best to turn the video on mute.

Mine: (so far)

R1 - Mayweather
        R2 - Mayweather (close round)
        R3 - Mayweather
        R4 - Mayweather (caught him some menacing looping right hands in this round)
        R5 - Mayweather
        R6 - Cotto (This is the round when Cotto bloodied Mayweather's nose, which I think disgruntled Mayweather - he went all out aggressive. While Cotto boxed and played counter puncher which worked well for him, winning him this round.)
        R7 - Mayweather
        R8 - Cotto or Draw (Really close round)
        R9 - Mayweather (Watched this round a second time, what was I thinking - clear Mayweather round)
        R10 - Mayweather
        R11 - Mayweather
        R12 - Mayweather

Round 6 was Cotto's best. The bloody nose disgruntled Floyd. The other rounds that Cotto edged, or drew in were one's where Floyd barely threw anything, neither guy did, it just was that Cotto was the aggressor.

Mayweather dominated. Cotto showed guts. I think the higher weight help him get through a lot of Mayweather's looping rights. That right hook, uppercut combo in the last round was vicious and wobbled Cotto. Great performance

This version of Floyd would have KO'd the Cotto that Pac fought, there's no denying that.
        Last edited by Discipline; 05-06-2012, 12:15 PM.

Comment

• Anyone who thinks Cotto was robbed is a complete idiot.

Comment

• 10-2

And that's being generous to be honest.

Cotto landed some good body shots, and bloodied Mayweather's nose with the jab but didn't manage to do much else.

Comment

• 7 rounds to 5 for Mayweather.

Comment

• They were different fights. Last night was a more grueling fight and I scored it a round closer than $-DLH. Last night, 7-5. The other: 8-4.

Comment

• I honesty believe Floyd rocked or stunned him good a couple time. Cotto is by no means shot, he fought his butt off. I feel Cotto neutralized the left hook of Floyd but was getting killed with the right hand/left uppercut combo. Cottos surprising jab is what did the damage to Floyds nose and like always, the commentators gave Cotto(and almost every other opponent) a lot more credit for punches that weren't landing effectively. Only thing I was disappointed with is I thought Floyd would score a knockdown.

If ur still finding ways to discredit either fighter than u should switch sports, Cotto came to fight and was beaming with confidence. Floyd may not have got the KO he predicted but him fighting on the ropes more and fighting toe2toe more is exactly what he said he would do since the Shane fight!

Props to both guys.

Comment

• The fight with Cotto was closer. This is one of the few times where, we see him uncomfortable in the pocket, and getting out jabbed in the middle of the ring.

Comment

• 9-3 Mayweather

Comment

Working...
                      X