No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
    Destroys him? Wow, biased aren't we. Let me guess your Puerto Rican and from NY....

I think Cotto beats Ortiz, I said that last time but destroys him?

Come on......this is why we can't real discussions in this place.
    lol... Yeah thats easy to say but if u follow these threads u could see I picked Mayweather to beat Cotto and said Margaritos style is bad for Cotto. Maidana destroyed Ortiz and Maidana is a one dimensional fighter who brings not even half of what Cotto brings. I wont even mention the Nate Campbell fight lol. No worries bro I understand where u coming from.

Comment

Excuses for what? Hahaha, I'm not a Floyd fan, your barking up the wrong tree there.

I'm telling you from round 1 I saw that Floyd looked a little bit slower, slower with his counter punches and was being hit easily at times with Cotto's jab.

Now I understand Cotto has a great jab but Floyd has faced many fighters with great jabs and wasn't hit this early.

He also stood against the ropes a lot, more than I have ever seen him. He likes to fight there but counters well and moves off, against Cotto he wasn't doing that as well I have seen him in the past.

Floyd is definitely in a decline. I didn't think so before this fight but he's slowed down, especially of foot.
      wtf? i never said you're a floyd fan, im addressing your point
      what great fighters did he face with great jabs?
      i remember his head being snapped back on occasion vs castillo
      i guess oscar? lets ignore floyds obvious love for lefts hands that couldn't be made more clear through the years

also like i said, it was the same floyd vs mosley and ortiz, like the myth that has been floatin around, floyds legs aren't all there, he moves in straight lines, again, all apparent since the mosley fight, same floyd(since the comback)

Comment

• Khan will get his man hood taken .peterson or Lara has a better chance than khan

Comment

• I must be in ***** country.

Originally posted by tyson View Post
          You are excused for not being a fan. But you're not excused for being the total opposite and letting that cloud your eyes. You can't accurately score a fight with a sopcast stream, end of story.
          WTF? Excused for being a fan? But not excused for being the total opposite? What are you even talking about? Nothing "Clouded" my eyes. I saw one guy working his ass off against a slick boxer and being more effective, throwing the slick boxer off of his game more often than not.

Also, I didn't use a sopcast stream, I went to a specific website and had a live HBO PPV stream the whole time. It wasn't fuzzy, it wasn't lagging, it never went down. I saw it crystal clear, and I scored it accurately. Apparently people have different criteria upon which they judge.

Originally posted by tyson View Post
          Well, had you presented a meaningful argument to support your views, I would have done the same.
          You presented statements based on absolutely nothing, which makes it annoying rambling. Annoying rambling will receive annoying answers.
          This is what you so eloquently stated;
          You have to look at what a guy doesn't do as much as what he does do, and Floyd didn't do much to substantiate winning this fight, certainly not by such a wide margin.
          Floyd ate tons of shots on the ropes, he was getting tagged all night with the jab unless he stayed way outside or was running away, and he was only effective in spots.
          He wasn't putting much pressure on Cotto even when he was coming forward, and a lot of times he was throwing punches simply to stay active either barely landing or not landing at all. Cotto drilled him all night
          I will admit, when Mayweather was effective, he was very effective, but that was few and far between and Cotto was the one who forced the action, kept Floyd guessing and moving, and got the most done out there.
          Compubox might have shown Floyd to be throwing and landing more, but obviously that wasn't doing much for him because Cotto kept charging ahead and finding ways to negate both Floyds offense and he broke his defense all over the ring.
          What was all that then???

Floyd was unimpressive and looked horrible, he looked horrible because Cotto was negating most of his offense and cracking that Philly shell defense. Only in spots did Mayweather really look good. I didn't see any domination or "out-classing" from Mayweather at any point. He was successful on the outside, and that was it, and Cotto kept taking the range away from him, Cotto took away a lot of the effectiveness of his footwork, head movement, and shoulder rolling, especially in the corners and against the ropes, and Mayweather was without a lot of answers out there tonight. Cotto's hooks, jab, and bodywork was getting through, it looked to me like HE was the one controlling the pace most, and he even hurt Mayweather a number of times. We saw the same **** on a different day from Mayweather, only today it wasn't nearly as effective, and the guy he was fighting had his style figured out for the most part. The only saving grace for Mayweather was his running away from Cotto most of the night, when he tried to stalk Cotto, he didn't land a lot of great meaningful punches. I saw Mayweather getting caught with a lot more meaningful stuff than what he landed on Cotto. For as much as Mayweather is hyped the stuff he landed shouldn't have been any surprise or anything worth swaying the judges to scoring the ridiculous amount of rounds for him they did. As I said before, sure, according to compubox he landed more, but it wasn't effective. I could throw and handful of rice at you and 1000 pieces may hit you but it doesn't matter in comparison to if I threw a dozen rocks and 6 or 7 hit you. Mayweather got by a lot and that was it. I gave him rounds 2,3,4,7,12. I think that was fair. In the rounds that tipped it in Cotto's favor, I felt Mayweather just didn't accomplish enough and Cotto worked more effectively at a higher rate. As I said before, it's as much about what someone doesn't do and what they do. Mayweather wasn't able to do a lot of things because of the way Cotto fought, and had a lot of trouble doing some simple stuff. There was flashes of brilliance here and there but overall Miguel Cotto made him look like ****.

Comment

Wacking him more than Cotto? What fight where you watching?
            the same fight you were, except i pay attention

Comment

• Originally posted by ny123 View Post
              lol... Yeah thats easy to say but if u follow these threads u could see I picked Mayweather to beat Cotto and said Margaritos style is bad for Cotto. Maidana destroyed Ortiz and Maidana is a one dimensional fighter who brings not even half of what Cotto brings. I wont even mention the Nate Campbell fight lol. No worries bro I understand where u coming from.
              Margarito prime for prime beats Cotto.

Maidana did not DESTROY Ortiz, Ortiz quit after being hit repeatedly with the right hand. Again, you rlove to exaggerate.

Nate Campbell is a tough fighter as well that makes a lot of fighters look real bad.

You also can't compare fights from years ago, fighters get better or worse and you have a real hard time giving Oritz any credit after he shocked everyone in the Berto fight.

Give the kid some credit man....hahah

Comment

• you were focused on cotto yet he beat you floyd?...get your focus on more punk

Comment

• everyone blowing mayweather? he ran all night. besides the 4th and last his shots had nothing on them. how to score a fight for you newbs. take a wad of cash and give it to the house fighter. let his stans take care of the rest:*******:

Comment

• Originally posted by Ugh! View Post
                    wtf? i never said you're a floyd fan, im addressing your point
                    what great fighters did he face with great jabs?
                    i remember his head being snapped back on occasion vs castillo
                    i guess oscar? lets ignore floyds obvious love for lefts hands that couldn't be made more clear through the years

also like i said, it was the same floyd vs mosley and ortiz, like the myth that has been floatin around, floyds legs aren't all there, he moves in straight lines, again, all apparent since the mosley fight, same floyd(since the comback)
                    Originally posted by Ugh! View Post
                    the same fight you were, except i pay attention
                    DLH is on another level than Cotto, let's not make fools of ourselves.

Castillo was a beast but Mayweather isn't the same fighter then as he was 3 years ago and we saw what happened in the rematch.

If you were paying attention, Ortiz didn't hit Floyd with anything. He had one good flurry in the fight and that was it.

Comment

• Originally posted by SweetSciencePHD View Post
                      I must be in ***** country.

WTF? Excused for being a fan? But not excused for being the total opposite? What are you even talking about? Nothing "Clouded" my eyes. I saw one guy working his ass off against a slick boxer and being more effective, throwing the slick boxer off of his game more often than not.

Also, I didn't use a sopcast stream, I went to a specific website and had a live HBO PPV stream the whole time. It wasn't fuzzy, it wasn't lagging, it never went down. I saw it crystal clear, and I scored it accurately. Apparently people have different criteria upon which they judge.

What was all that then???

Floyd was unimpressive and looked horrible, he looked horrible because Cotto was negating most of his offense and cracking that Philly shell defense. Only in spots did Mayweather really look good. I didn't see any domination or "out-classing" from Mayweather at any point. He was successful on the outside, and that was it, and Cotto kept taking the range away from him, Cotto took away a lot of the effectiveness of his footwork, head movement, and shoulder rolling, especially in the corners and against the ropes, and Mayweather was without a lot of answers out there tonight. Cotto's hooks, jab, and bodywork was getting through, it looked to me like HE was the one controlling the pace most, and he even hurt Mayweather a number of times. We saw the same **** on a different day from Mayweather, only today it wasn't nearly as effective, and the guy he was fighting had his style figured out for the most part. The only saving grace for Mayweather was his running away from Cotto most of the night, when he tried to stalk Cotto, he didn't land a lot of great meaningful punches. I saw Mayweather getting caught with a lot more meaningful stuff than what he landed on Cotto. For as much as Mayweather is hyped the stuff he landed shouldn't have been any surprise or anything worth swaying the judges to scoring the ridiculous amount of rounds for him they did. As I said before, sure, according to compubox he landed more, but it wasn't effective. I could throw and handful of rice at you and 1000 pieces may hit you but it doesn't matter in comparison to if I threw a dozen rocks and 6 or 7 hit you. Mayweather got by a lot and that was it. I gave him rounds 2,3,4,7,12. I think that was fair. In the rounds that tipped it in Cotto's favor, I felt Mayweather just didn't accomplish enough and Cotto worked more effectively at a higher rate. As I said before, it's as much about what someone doesn't do and what they do. Mayweather wasn't able to do a lot of things because of the way Cotto fought, and had a lot of trouble doing some simple stuff. There was flashes of brilliance here and there but overall Miguel Cotto made him look like ****.
                      You can't start a post with a sentence like that and expect to be taken seriously, not in a fight that Mayweather clearly dominated, do we need to treat this like Marquez/Manny III? and rewatch it 20 times and break down round for round to prove a point?

Comment

Working...
                      X