Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Cotto storm out because he thought he'd won?! What the f... It wasn't even close.

Comment

• Originally posted by RossCA View Post
      Yeah, but that was at 147. Put Pac in there with Cotto now with no catch weight, and Cotto beats him this time. It will never happen, though, Pac doesn't have the balls and you know it.
      cotto looked really good but i still think pac beats him even at 154. pbf never really has the instinct to KO cotto. im not saying he can't but his "safety first" attitude in the ring is what makes him different from pacquiao. just my 2 cents

Comment

• Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
        There were times that i thought Cotto could've hit him more with the jab, but Cotto brought the best out of Floyd like he did with Manny.
        imho cotto should have thrown more punches but probably because of floyd he could not ...

Comment

• Originally posted by flipbjefrox View Post
          cotto just left after the robbery
          this fight is the worst robbery of them all.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
            Manny would still beat Cotto, but I think it would be more competitive now as I think he would be much better prepared and in a better spot mentally.

Still Manny is a great offensive fighter, he will force Cotto back eventually and Cotto is not the sort of boxer that can handle that (IMO). I am sure Cotto sees the end of the fight but I can't see him winning.

I think Cotto can do pretty good at 154 though, he should be looking to fight Canelo.
            I think the problem with Cotto against Pacquiao is that it's really hard to get close inside to Pacquiao. He will hit you with a combination when a opponent comes inside on him. Floyd wasn't doing that, he was throwing 1 punch and Cotto did a good job of blocking a lot of those or avoiding them. That was Cotto's success getting in on Floyd and trying to bully him with power and roughing him up. But most importantly it prevented Floyd from winding up and hitting him with clean punches which kept him in the fight. I think Pacquiao would KO Cotto again or win by wide UD.

Comment

• Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
              I scored it. 8-4 for Mayweather. I don't think Pacquiao vs Mayweather is such a mismatch anymore.
              the left punches were the ones that caused the bloody nose of mayweather

Comment

• Originally posted by raskat View Post
                but thats not true. Floyd didnt win 5 of the first 6 rounds. forget the commentary and score it without audio, Cotto won AT LEAST half of the rounds at the first half of the fight
                What the **** were you watching? Forget the audio and commentary? That helped Cotto because everything he threw, even though none of it landed, was madly cheered. Cotto lost the first 5 rounds pretty clearly. You might be able to argue one round going to him in those but winning at least ie. a minimum of half the first 6?

Not even close mate. He won maybe half of the last 6, but definitely not the first 5

Anyway, as per the usual comments, you can't score a fight by how well an opponent does in comparison to other opponents. I keep seeing the old "Cotto should have won. He bloodied Mayweather's nose and hit him with some clean jabs. That's better than anyone else has done recently. That means he should have won". It's how well you do round by round, not how well you do in comparison to previous Floyd fights. So what if he got hit more, he still outlanded Cotto in nearly every round, still hit him with harder, cleaner shots in most rounds and still won the fight clearly. You can't argue Cotto should have won based on that ****. You could then say that Cotto should have won against Pac, despite getting knocked out, just because he busted up his face badly, broke his ear drum and looked better than Diaz and Oscar etc. Don't be ****ing ******.

You score the fight as it happens, not how it compares to old Mayweather fights.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steak View Post
                  Nah, Castillo did better than Cotto scorecard wise, for sure.

most people with brains know that tonight was very competitive, but a clear Mayweather win.

Unlike the 1at Castillo fight, where you can make a very strong argument for a Castillo win.
                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

• Originally posted by 2012 View Post
                    Did Cotto storm out because he thought he'd won?! What the f... It wasn't even close.
                    GTFO at worst Floyd won 8 rounds to 4 and I myself had it 115-1113 Floyd. Every round except maybe round 12 was very competetive. Honestly Cotto probably left because he was so disgusted by the wide scores. Which I agree with, scores were atrocious.

Comment

• I think if Cotto tried to do more he would have got hit more in return and would have actually been made to fall apart. Cotto at his best fights at a real measured pace and Floyd doesn't force a high pace, he controls it and limits it. That worked just fine for Cotto and allowed him to stay in the fight.

Guys that force Cotto to work above the pace he wants can blow him out of the water. Him forcing a higher pace would have led to disaster if you ask me.

Comment

Working...
                      X