No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
    The problem for Miguel here is that I gave Mayweather 5 of the first 6 rounds, that's an uphill battle of epic proportions. Miguel won 3 rounds in the middle stages and was close in some others, but those accurate counters off the ropes that did the damage and that upper-cut in the 12th almost put him down.
    but thats not true. Floyd didnt win 5 of the first 6 rounds. forget the commentary and score it without audio, Cotto won AT LEAST half of the rounds at the first half of the fight

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike Tyson77 View Post
      Pac beats Floyd.
      You know that there's a difference fighting Cotto at mere 144 and a 154, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
        The problem for Miguel here is that I gave Mayweather 5 of the first 6 rounds, that's an uphill battle of epic proportions.
        I agree with this.

You could argue Cotto edged the second, but I felt Mayweather deserved it. After that, you only have to give him one more round for a draw, and the 12th was clearly his. The 11th was also, imo, a clear Mayweather round, so even if you give Cotto the second it's a draw...

That's literally the closest it could have been, no way Cotto won, although he did better than any Mayweather opponent in a long, long time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Body Movin' View Post
          cotto pushed the issue on the ropes without landing anything significant though but a good jab here and there the entire night. seems like the bloody nose from earlier in the fight influenced a lot of people in favoring cotto.
          Ditto. I wasn't surprised when Cotto was able to constantly hitting Floyd with it, Cotto has always found a way to land in on his opponents.

Comment

• i really really underestimated cotto's trainer.....cotto just gassed out. floyd is a warrior and anybody who didn't think he would go toe to toe with floyd got proved wrong. i wish cotto would've given a post fight interview.

Comment

• Originally posted by jg77 View Post
              Fight probably is a lot closer if you watched it on mute.
              Watch it high. I am. Cotto won. No doubt.

Comment

• Originally posted by JOM'S View Post
                i give it 3, max 4 rounds to cotto...

but was good fight a lot more competitive than floyds las 4-5 fights
                and you're a pacquiao fan?

I'm surprised, as you can see most of them believe Floyd lost somehow.

Comment

• Originally posted by southpaw_07 View Post
                  Again....Manny dropped Cotto and finally stopped him.. ...Floyd didn't
                  cough Pac can't beat Cotto with out a catchweight

Comment

• And again, *******s find their way into a Mayweather thread. Must be hard on you guys, huh?

Comment

• I had it 117-111 Floyd and Im not a fan of either fighter

Comment

Working...
                      X