No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
    HBO has some pretty **** commentating. Sorry but Lampley was just short of praying for Floyd to lose.

My stream froze up, so I went to a Box Nation one and much more objective commentating. They were giving both fighters their just dues but I wasn't left thinking "what the fuck is this guy seeing? did he not see he hit his arms?"

Cotto put on a great showing, much more than I think anyone could have thought. Other than Cotto stans. It was a great fight, very much worth watching again.
    Lol, Box Nation was **** riding Floyd the entire fight. GTFO with that "giving both fighters their dues."

Comment

• Didn't like the scores but in the end they got the right guy winning.

Comment

• Originally posted by nate126 View Post
        10-2 floyd... Idk what you guys are smoking, 9-3 at most
        jajajajajaja

Comment

• I have absolutely no idea how anyone could score that fight a draw, or a Cotto win.

Worst case scenario it was 116-112 decision for Floyd. He worked Cotto. Masterclass man. If you can't appreciate the man's skills, you really should not watch boxing.

That was a clinic. He made Cotto look absolutey ordinary. He had complete control of the fight, and probably could have stopped Cotto in the 12th.

Comment

• cotto just left after the robbery

Comment

• Originally posted by arraamis View Post
              That's the way I saw it Skills ..... Cotto put all he had into that fight and it wouldn't have been that close if Floyd hadn't languished on the ropes sooo much.
              Cotto, it good at keeping his guy on the ropes in most cases. I just don't think Cotto had that "champion" heart to keep that effort up for 12 rounds.
              Best Mayweather fight I've seen in a long time. I'm glad he was able to show he can dig down deep and pull out a FIGHT.

Comment

• Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
                Standing Ovation to them both. What a fight. I can't wait to watch it again man. That was fantastic.
                I didn't think it was that good of a fight, Mosley v Canelo was better. Wouldn't want to see a rematch.

Comment

• I'm very proud of Miguel.

He lost, but he lost like a warrior. He actually drew blood, and gave him a tough ass fight.

Props to Floyd too. Great fight.

Comment

• great fight, much closer than scores!

Comment

• I will watch it again and score it but when I watched it live, I felt Cotto won more rounds. I didnt agree with HBO's commentating at all and Lederman's scorecard was bullsh't. I will score it now, but I definitely felt Cotto won.

Comment

Working...
                      X