No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 things imperative to beating Floyd.

1. Stamina, nobody he's faced had the stamina to overcome him.

2. A sustained body attack. (Shoulders hips & elbows) included.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
      2 things imperative to beating Floyd.

i agree. Hes very good at protecting the head. If you put a serious beating on his body, arms hips...whole body...that i think is the key to unlocking his defense. Over rounds. Hey you never know ...a great left to the body may send him beating the canvas like bhop did DLH!

Comment

#1. <--Is why i was really dissapointed Diaz didn't take Cotto to a high elevation to train for stamina, which Cotto seems to have a problem with.
        I mean, if some nobody like me can see this, why can't Diaz? Or Cotto himself?

Comment

• Originally posted by jazluvr View Post
          #1. <--Is why i was really dissapointed Diaz didn't take Cotto to a high elevation to train for stamina, which Cotto seems to have a problem with.
          alot of other Cotto fans seem to think he's in the best shape of his life

Comment

• I agree with Tito. Cotto has to stay on top of him & bully him. This is easier to do to Floyd now more than ever because he doesnt want to move anymore. However, its offset by him being stronger than he's ever been and being such a great inside fighter

Comment

• Originally posted by jazluvr View Post
              Mehhh high elevation training is overrated

Comment

Problem with this part is that, Floyd is very consistent at countering body attack. I think the best way to have a chance of beating him is to make him be the aggressor, but you have to have great footwork and hand speed to constantly make him pay.

Floyd has the ability to cutting off the ring and apply intelligent aggressive pressure against his opponents, but at the same, he's really vulnerable to get hit and inconsistent at applying that type of strategy (If there is one main weakness in Floyd's repertoire, this would have to be it). Someone who has good footwork and underrated counter-punching skills like Martinez and maybe Pacquiao would give Floyd a lot of problems.

Comment

• Trinidad looked like an amateur against De La Hoya. He had absolutely nothing to offer against Oscar's laser like jabs and combinations. Floyd would Gatti Tito, or do him like he did Corrales.

I love Tito but he needs to stop, just stop!

Comment

• Everyone thinks this is the way. This is not the way. They all say the same thing before every fight. Gonna make Floyd go toe to toe. Yea right.

Comment

• Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                      Mehhh high elevation training is overrated

Really? i'll admit i don't know much about training or technique, but why i brought it up was because Margo always trained @ hi elevations, and i thought it was one, if not the main reasons he had (has?) good endurance.

Comment

Working...
                      X