Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just wait and see. Cotto will beat Mayweather, and then stomp Pac at a 142lbs catchweight just to show everyone whos the boss.

Now that he took his soul back from Cheato he is unstoppable.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Omonist View Post
      I'm rooting for the Mexican... I mean Puerto Rican. Ummm Chups confused me.
      Hehehehehehe!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
        They were catchweights, thus proving my point. Hopkins vs De Hoya and Martinez vs Williams.

What do you think Cotto's ring weight is?

At 147lbs in was in the high 150s
        I wasnt talking about the Oscar fight, I was talking about the Tito fight but I was one pound off. He was 157. People do it for speed, e****ally when they think they are the stronger guy no matter what.

Also, the 1st Williams-Sergio fight was no CW and Sergio has had no other CW's fights at the weight besides the 2nd Williams fight and he still is always underweight by a good amount

Comment

• He was better off going in jail

Comment

• Cotto sounds like a tough guy after leaving Top Rank.

Comment

• I asked a question, but all the Cotto-Mayweather threads/posts got scrambled.

Anyway, does anyone know why the Mayweather - Cotto fight was made with Arum as Cotto's promoter, but they couldn't make it with Pac even though the following demands were met:

Supposed agreement with OST
              Pac accepted a less than 50/50 monetary split

Why were they able to make this fight so easy, but not the other; I thought the 2 sides couldn't work together?

Comment

• I think Canelo will still be there for him in the future, fighting him now would be a bit to soon but a win or two could do wonders for Canelo's credibility thus make that fight much more appealing.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrRolltide91 View Post
                  is this a good fight???
                  I'm thinking the same thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    Yeah.....

As far as I'm aware it's a fact that Mayweather only fights Mexican fighters on Mexican holiday's hence why he picked May 5th.

For a reason!
                    And in 2010 he fought the black mexican. Coincidence? I think not.

Comment

• Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                      The Canelo match-up has more holes in it, that is why it wouldn't (and shouldn't) happen right now. Ideally, Cotto/Canelo would've fought to get a fight with Floyd, but given this ******ed situation, Floyd had to choose someone quick, and Cotto is the match-up that is most fool-proof.

Canelo:
                      -inexperienced against top opposition
                      -hasn't had one name-worthy opponent on his resume yet
                      -in his physical prime, but I don't believe he's mentally prepared for Floyd's mind-games
                      -Skill-set isn't developed enough yet, this comes with fighting top opposition lmao
                      -Might be young enough to bounce back from a lost, but is also young enough to get damaged as well

Canelo is still in the developing stages as a fighter, more of a prospect than a champion. IMO, he needs to fight at least 2 top 10 JMWs before he steps in the ring with Floyd. If he can get in 2 fights before October, then he could very well be the guy who fights the winner of Floyd/Cotto.

Well if it really has to do with inexperience against top opposition, and one fighter being more tested, then let's just bring back Marvin Hagler who has forgotten more about boxing than Cotto will ever learn. Then every one will be happy, Mayweather vs Hagler at 160. Hagler has done more than Cotto, therefore he's a better opponent. Forget about who's fresher or closer to retirement or who doesn't have a win over a top 10 fighters in 2 fights in a row, or who has been threw less beatings.

Comment

Working...
                      X