No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by magic17fan4life View Post
    Does anyone else really give Cotto a shot at beating Floyd ? (other than me)

I acknowledge that Floyd is a Phenomenal athelete and possess a few advanages and one that is key, the speed advantage over Miguel. But something ive read and did a bit of research on something called timing... great timing negates speed....

Cotto used great timing against Zab and Mosley who both has faster fands.

Pacman also had faster hands but he threw alot of punches aswell. I dont see floyd throwing that much punches. (Cotto was also drained)

Not saying Floyd is the same as Zab or Mosley but the hand speed was suppossively a major factor in the fight coming in but Cotto was able to negate it thorughout most of fight with great timing with the jab and counter hooks.

I can see Cotto using the jab in the first few rounds, then mayweather will adjust and shoot the overhand right, then I see cotto doing the same thing that Mosley did that hurt Floyd, set up the 2 punch combo... left jab then straight right.... Mosley nearly dropped Floyd in the 2nd round.

This combo setup may force Floyd to hesitate on the counter to Cotto's jab simply because he does not want to get hit like that.

If cotto can utilize the jab, then throw the straight right, then go back to the left hook body shot, I can see Floyd getting into some trouble....

Floyd is not known for being a strong puncher, aka heavy hands. I can also see Cotto walking through Floyds punches and walking him down like he did against Malignaggi....

Then again Floyd is not either of those guys, Floyd is smart and posses skills that pays the bills...I'm waiting impatiently here for this fight to start and see how my theories play out....

thoughts... (real thoughts, not any BS answers plz)
    Floyd is god to alot of people here... they think he is invincible, like Cotto's trainer said... Invincible men only exist in movies.

Comment

• I give Cotto a chance, Floyd is not invincible and he can have a bad night. Cant wait for May 5th

Comment

• Cotto will NOT walk through Floyd's punches.

Timing is definitely one of Cotto's strengths but Floyd has that too.

Should be interesting though. Cotto is the physically stronger fighter and I know Mosley had a hard time clinching on the inside because of this.

Comment

• Originally posted by PiXelElite View Post
          Floyd is god to alot of people here... they think he is invincible, like Cotto's trainer said... Invincible men only exist in movies.
          No, we don't. However, by that same token, what else do you expect the majority to think about a person that generally has a fight wrapped up by round four. "Fighting Floyd Mayweather is a dose of cold reality" - Jim Lampley. People aren't foolish enough to say Miguel is more skilled than Floyd. They are hoping (praying) for off nights, Father Time to come, jail distractions to bother Floyd because they know if he is on his A game, there isn't a damn thing Miguel can do to change the outcome of this fight. Floyd has entered that realm in Michael Jordan's last years with the Bulls that you didn't care what happened, the Chicago Bulls were winning the championship. They might lose a few games (rounds) here and there, but never when it counted (UD/TKO/ETC) It's that way with Floyd. He always brags that he beats people with his C game, I hope we get the A game on May 5th.

Comment

• Also although it is still very early in the 24/7 mayweather show.... does anyone else get the impression that Mayweather seems to have alot more respect for Cotto than any other fight as of recent... i'm sure he knows cotto is quiet and will not cave into the mind games but why not still try and mess with him.

Floyd may respect cotto's for whats he's accomplished and may think he is going to be tougher than he though... and also cuz of the 2 loses cotto has, have come to the 2 guys that Floyd's not faught (ducked) in the past.

margarito - Floyd states, not fight Tony was a business move...lol
            pacman - Monster fight last few years that has not been setup

In life, when you meet someone who you respect or have fear of you get a little nervous and become a little more conservative.... Stiffen up a bit you can say....

Again it's still early, going to wait and see how episode Dos comes out.

Thoughts....

Comment

• Originally posted by magic17fan4life View Post
              Also although it is still very early in the 24/7 mayweather show.... does anyone else get the impression that Mayweather seems to have alot more respect for Cotto than any other fight as of recent... i'm sure he knows cotto is quiet and will not cave into the mind games but why not still try and mess with him.

Floyd may respect cotto's for whats he's accomplished and may think he is going to be tougher than he though... and also cuz of the 2 loses cotto has, have come to the 2 guys that Floyd's not faught (ducked) in the past.

margarito - Floyd states, not fight Tony was a business move...lol
              pacman - Monster fight last few years that has not been setup

In life, when you meet someone who you respect or have fear of you get a little nervous and become a little more conservative.... Stiffen up a bit you can say....

Again it's still early, going to wait and see how episode Dos comes out.

Thoughts....
              What mean things can you say about Miguel. He doesn't drink his own piss, he doesn't have a jheri curl, he's not a tree. He's a dedicated family man to his wife and kids. How can you not respect that. Also, Floyd always says, I respect every man, but you have to make me respect your fight game

Comment

• Cotto looking sharp *****es!

Most likely Floyd will win, but he's going to be tested. This will be a real good fight, watch.

Comment

• when does cotto not look sharp?? and I dont think he is gonna do much to test floyd at all, but i hope he does

Comment

• It's the mitts, brah.

Try doing that to an undetermined target that pullcounters with staggering accuracy.

Comment

• Have you seen film of his previous camps?

Comment

Working...
                      X