Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I laugh at how you guys make Floyd out to be some mastermind whoop ass machine that turns into Neo from the Matrix and starts demolishing opponents. His offense consists of walking forward, throwing a left jab or a lead right and divng in with ELBOWS up to injure/stiffle the opponents offense. He's carrying boxing financially now so judges just ignore this garbage. I think Cotto's gonna pull a Castillo (first fight) only better. The elbows will be flying from FMJ....and after all that.....120-108 for Floyd. I hope Joe Cortez is not the ref.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike Haynes View Post
      I laugh at how you guys make Floyd out to be some mastermind whoop ass machine that turns into Neo from the Matrix and starts demolishing opponents. His offense consists of walking forward, throwing a left jab or a lead right and divng in with ELBOWS up to injure/stiffle the opponents offense. He's carrying boxing financially now so judges just ignore this garbage. I think Cotto's gonna pull a Castillo (first fight) only better. The elbows will be flying from FMJ....and after all that.....120-108 for Floyd. I hope Joe Cortez is not the ref.
      This.

Say no more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
        I swear they all want to ignore the beatings Cotto has taken over the last 4 years, they are been sold a dream here, Not sure if that's through Mayweather brilliant marketing or just too much promo videos/Patriotic fans.
        What beatings? Cotto is an undefeated fighter. Pac was on roids and Margarito had plaster. I KNOW THEY CHEATED POOR MIGUEL!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
          What beatings? Cotto is an undefeated fighter. Pac was on roids and Margarito had plaster. I KNOW THEY CHEATED POOR MIGUEL!
          Cheating or not those were beatings that can't be undone!!

Comment

I laugh at how you guys make Floyd out to be some mastermind whoop ass machine that turns into Neo from the Matrix and starts demolishing opponents. His offense consists of walking forward, throwing a left jab or a lead right and divng in with ELBOWS up to injure/stiffle the opponents offense. He's carrying boxing financially now so judges just ignore this garbage. I think Cotto's gonna pull a Castillo (first fight) only better. The elbows will be flying from FMJ....and after all that.....120-108 for Floyd. I hope Joe Cortez is not the ref.
            but thats exactly what he is in the ring tho. smh...ppl like u mke me scratch my head. its one thing to not like the guy, its another thing completely to act like he isnt tbe best boxer in the world by far.

Comment

• I'd love to see the imitations that Cotto's sparring partners are doing of Floyd.

I can't believer someone said Floyd's offense is just walking forward throwing right hands, and elbowing his opponents, it's a shameful statement.

I do believe Floyd will walk Cotto down after the first few rounds, and win a wide UD. He throws those quick lead left hooks, counters off the ropes, has a pretty good jab when he uses it, a straight right hand that is quicker than most jabs, mixes in uppercuts here and there, and has the best D in the game.

When Floyd is on the ropes, even that last flurry from Ortiz, how many punches are landed clean on him??? Even Ortiz only landed 2-3 punches in that flurry, where people said he was having the best moment of the fight. I got Floyd by UD, 118-110/117-111.

Comment

[IMG]http://www.******gifs.com/images/full/204.gif[/IMG]

Comment

you are so off basis here and I think you are getting alot of that from the Ortiz fight. 1st off you have to understand that you fight a Southpaw differently. Thats why he was doing all those things you described. Then you have to remember it was early in the fight. Emmanuel Steward was an idiot talking about Floyd not letting his hands go or falling in.

It was early. Floyd always does that early against Southpaws until you find the range and find your groove. Else, you could get caught with something and KTFO. He doesnt fight that way at all against righty's because you dont have that same fear. He doesnt fight that way against Southpaws either after the first few rounds. You saw Floyd open up more against Ortiz and it was only the 3rd or 4th round. If that fight wouldve went on, he wouldve been letting his hands go a ton by time the 6th, 8th, 10th rounds wouldve came.

Not to mention that Floyd was just coming back from another long layoff so you have to be cautiious with the rust. He is way more skilled on Offense then what you say, e****ally against righties. People hype his striahgt right up too much. He doesnt throw it nearly as much as people think, unless he's fighting a Southpaw because its the #1 punch against them. Its not his primary move against Righties which he fights most of the time

Comment

• Originally posted by DLT View Post
                    you are so off basis here and I think you are getting alot of that from the Ortiz fight. 1st off you have to understand that you fight a Southpaw differently. Thats why he was doing all those things you described. Then you have to remember it was early in the fight. Emmanuel Steward was an idiot talking about Floyd not letting his hands go or falling in.

It was early. Floyd always does that early against Southpaws until you find the range and find your groove. Else, you could get caught with something and KTFO. He doesnt fight that way at all against righty's because you dont have that same fear. He doesnt fight that way against Southpaws either after the first few rounds. You saw Floyd open up more against Ortiz and it was only the 3rd or 4th round. If that fight wouldve went on, he wouldve been letting his hands go a ton by time the 6th, 8th, 10th rounds wouldve came.

Not to mention that Floyd was just coming back from another long layoff so you have to be cautiious with the rust. He is way more skilled on Offense then what you say, e****ally against righties. People hype his striahgt right up too much. He doesnt throw it nearly as much as people think, unless he's fighting a Southpaw because its the #1 punch against them. Its not his primary move against Righties which he fights most of the time
                    ^^^^^^This

People need to watch the Marquez fight, and moments in the Mosley fight throughout. He has a lot more than a right hand.

Even in the 3rd and 4th rounds, he was opening way up on Ortiz in moments, and whupped Ortiz those rounds. Even in the first 2 rounds against Ortiz, where he was mainly throwing his right hand, and using his left as a range finder, he won those rounds and out landed Ortiz.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rolaz View Post
                      They should see how Cotto fights with a guy that moves and jabs a lot.
                      Cotto's left hook seems to be the killer punch.

Miguel Cotto vs Yuri Foreman
                      lmao point out at the 2:13 mark yuri was taggin him with that right hand cotto just freezes up when somebody tags him he better not fight like that vs floyd leaving himself open man lol

Comment

Working...
                      X