Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I was digging it until the part about the catchweight with Pacman meaning nothing. Sounds like a writer that has never ever boxed & doesn't realize the dynamic of weightclasses & weight loss.

Comment

• Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
      He doesn't need to use a different style, he needs to use different tactics. The timing that fighters at their level have is enough to change outcomes depending on the tactics. Matthew Macklin is a good fighter, but his past fights had shown him to be strictly a pressure fighting hook artist; a few tactical adjustments and a training camp later and he's fighting on competitive terms against Martinez.

I think there are several tactics on how to fight Mayweather, tactics that someone with the ability of Cotto could use, and if Diaz trains Cotto to use them, Cotto can give Mayweather all sorts of problems. There are subtle tactical reasons why Floyd didn't look as good against Castillo, Judah, De La Hoya, and even on the shot that Mosley landed.

Cotto would have to employ those tactics to a T (and even give him a couple different looks) to win and I don't know what Diaz is teaching him, so I doubt Cotto will win.
      Please... elaborate... Just talking about tactics is too vague, Diaz.

Comment

• Originally posted by DE100 View Post
        For the most part they all revert to their original form when they start getting tagged. Same will happen to Cotto.
        Exactly... apparently some posters think that changing career-long habits just happen over a two month training period.

Comment

• Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
          I could of swore he walked Mosley down?
          According to Skip Bayless, Mayweather ran from Mosley the whole fight! Didn't you watch it, reed?

Comment

• Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
            I could of swore he walked Mosley down?
            riight, they took turns coming foward at eachother, definitely would not say floyd walked him down
            esspecially considering the only one i ever saw against the ropes in that fight was mayweather

Comment

• Originally posted by Ugh! View Post
              riight, they took turns coming foward at eachother, definitely would not say floyd walked him down
              esspecially considering the only one i ever saw against the ropes in that fight was mayweather
              Mayweather fights off the ropes all the time...

Mosely did get more pressure put on him than he was ready for...

Comment

• Yes Floyd is Lying about thinking of Cotto as undefeated. He knows the two beatings took something out of cotto. That's why he is fighting Cotto instead of Canelo for more money and much more risk. I think Cotto believes he will win. A champion thinks he will win when most people think he will lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                  Yes Floyd is Lying about thinking of Cotto as undefeated. He knows the two beatings took something out of cotto. That's why he is fighting Cotto instead of Canelo for more money and much more risk. I think Cotto believes he will win. A champion thinks he will win when most people think he will lose.
                  Whoa there..Canelo is ok and all but he still hasn't proven himself period. It would be like fighting another Ortiz. The inexperience will kill him in the end. Let him beat Mosley and another 2 or 3 fighters before even putting him in with Floyd.

Comment

• As I have said before unless Cotto somehow becomes MUCH more difficult to hit this will most likely become target practice for Mayweather by round 6..and mark my words once Mayweather's right hand starts landing consistently he will walk Cotto down.

Comment

• It's a ploy, they showed that video in hopes of them thinking that's how Floyd will fight.
                      He was just toying around. Come fight night, Floyd Money will teach Cotto a lesson.

Comment

Working...
                      X