Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
    @ Hatton..

Put it this way, when Cotto, Mayweather, Williams, Margarito, Quintana, Mosley and all those guys were at their best at 147, Hatton was the weakest link.

I'm not sure if you were saying Cotto avoided fighting Hatton or what, but given the guys he's faced, Hatton wasn't avoided.
    I think Hatton was better than any guy Cotto faced at 140.

He didn't face Williams.

Not saying that he avoided anyone. Just saying he didn't fight everyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by louvega View Post
      Just like you missed Floyd fighting them, except for Hatton. Instead Cotto fought Pacquiao and Margarito
      But, I'm not claiming that Floyd fought everyone now am I?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cgarcia View Post
        Mosley actually delivered, except he gassed out. I know Cotto runs out of gas, too, but I won't expect it to happen too soon.
        Mosley delivered two good right hands in one round. How is that "delivering"?

I don't know how you can gas out after 2 rounds, in which he threw a total of like 80 punches. It's just the lame excuse to diminish a Floyd victory.

You know who I believed really gassed out? Angulo in the Kirkland fight. In the first round, he threw almost the amount of punches Mosley threw in those first 2 rounds, like about 80. And you can tell in his body language, that he was indeed gassed out. Mosley just seemed to have no answer once Floyd switched up his style form defensive to standing right in front of him with a high guard. Probably reminded him of Winky Wright and he just started running away.

Comment

• I almost got the sense that he sort of likes him. So he can't be his normal loudmouth unrestrained self.

Comment

• I dont get that. I think Floyd is very confident. He was trying to annoy Cotto and it didn't work.

Comment

• put it like this floyd knows that cotto isn't scared of him, and floyd knows he is going to have a fight on his hands. Floyd knows he's gonna win but it will not be easy i'm a floyd fan and i know. Cotto lasted 11 rounds with a guy that had bricks in his gloves cmon man, Cotto will fight anybody so i don't see cotto quitting against floyd. I tell you one thing cotto won't get tired in 2 rounds like mosley you can believe that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buckfever View Post
                I almost got the sense that he sort of likes him. So he can't be his normal loudmouth unrestrained self.
                I'm with this guy. I got the feeling he was genuine talking about Margarito's loaded wraps & when he said he himself would have probably never boxed again.

Comment

• anyone have a video?

Comment

• Yeah he must be terrified Im sure.

Bunch of idiots I swear... smh...

Comment

• He went over the top trying to big Cotto up so that he gets more credit for a win. Yes Cotto is a solid opponent but to say that "Cotto is undefeated in his eyes" because he had to weigh in 1lb less than he did from previous fight against Pac is a bit of a stretch.
                      Last edited by Deevel916; 04-04-2012, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X