No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
    What! You mean a stance like, I'll take any test the commission requires. Or how about agreeing to everything Floyd demands even though he believes it will weaken him.

Manny makes moves to make the fight more likely, Floyd makes moves to make the fight less likely. FACT!

Hey we still got to see the list of excuse Floyd will come out from Martinez. That should be a laugh.
    Manny didn't agree to anything until it was months later and that offer was off the table. And yes, manny NOW is doing more to make the fight happen because he has little or no options left to make big money, especially after cotto told him to take his 147lb offer and go **** himself.

Manny is not virtuous, He's a greedy little child that got boxed into taking a deal he and his fans, especially you, FELT HE SHOULDN'T TAKE BECAUSE THE OST WAS UNREASONABLE.

Now, with no options on the table to make more money, he and his fans suddenly love this deal because once and for all he can shut floyd up. Right.

he's trying to get paid and floyd is acting the same way now as manny was then. SO manny is getting exactly what he gave. How can you hvae a problem with that?
    Last edited by The Big Dunn; 04-02-2012, 09:11 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
      How am I seeing it through floyd's tinted spectacles? That is what happened. DId I leave anything out or lie?

Yes I am a floyd fan, but that has no bearing on Manny's decision making. And we agree floyd is a product of his upbringing but so what? He and his people made smart business decisions that pay off. So his hustle is no different than any other successful person.

The point of my post is questioning your ability to separate your feelings about floyd from what happened here.
      I dont think you read my post. I couldnt give a toss about floyd's upbringing, hey, if you want to allowed yourself to be conned by the guy then good luck to you. I understand why Manny told him to shove his demands up his hoop. What part of that dont you understand?

Comment

• Originally posted by junior gong View Post
        I dont think you read my post. I couldnt give a toss about floyd's upbringing, hey, if you want to allowed yourself to be conned by the guy then good luck to you. I understand why Manny told him to shove his demands up his hoop. What part of that dont you understand?
        The upbringing is referring to his father being a dealer and a hustler and floyd being the same. My fault I should've been more clear.

If you understand why manny refused, then spare me the "i'm a boxing fan" crap. You're no different than d4th and some of the other manny fans. There was no reason for manny to refuse the initial deal. None.

So whether floyd is a "gobby prick" (what is gobby BTW?) or not, thats does not justify manny's decision making IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
          The upbringing is referring to his father being a dealer and a hustler and floyd being the same. My fault I should've been more clear.

If you understand why manny refused, then spare me the "i'm a boxing fan" crap. You're no different than d4th and some of the other manny fans. There was no reason for manny to refuse the initial deal. None.

So whether floyd is a "gobby prick" (what is gobby BTW?) or not, thats does not justify manny's decision making IMO.
          Gobby = loudmouthed. And that it doesnt justify Manny's decision making makes you exactly the same as every other Floyd fan and is YOUR opinion. My opinion is based on what I would do if I was in Manny's shoes, and if someone called me a cheat repeatedly in public with absolutely nothing but amateurish assumption and jealousy to back it up with, then I would tell that person to **** off as well.

I lay more of the blame for this fight not happening with Floyd and I dont see how anyone couldnt for christs sake! That said, Manny's reliance on the advice given to him by the likes of Koncz and Arum is also a factor, just not the main one IMO.

Comment

Gobby = loudmouthed. And that it doesnt justify Manny's decision making makes you exactly the same as every other Floyd fan and is YOUR opinion. My opinion is based on what I would do if I was in Manny's shoes, and if someone called me a cheat repeatedly in public with absolutely nothing but amateurish assumption and jealousy to back it up with, then I would tell that person to **** off as well.

I lay more of the blame for this fight not happening with Floyd and I dont see how anyone couldnt for christs sake! That said, Manny's reliance on the advice given to him by the likes of Koncz and Arum is also a factor, just not the main one IMO.
            Why did Manny even negotiate when this was said about him, then? Because Floyd Senior said what he did a month or so before Floyd and Manny teams even had talks. This argument that I highlighted literally makes no sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by COACH WEBB View Post
              Why did Manny even negotiate when this was said about him, then? Because Floyd Senior said what he did a month or so before Floyd and Manny teams even had talks. This argument literally makes no sense.
              The itch to join the foray is too strong eh COACH?

FWIW thought the Kentucky segway would work well.

Comment

Why did Manny even negotiate when this was said about him, then? Because Floyd Senior said what he did a month or so before Floyd and Manny teams even had talks. This argument that I highlighted literally makes no sense.
                Well I wouldnt expect it to to a well known Floydiot bumsniff, so no probs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tamis_Siensya View Post
                  The itch to join the foray is too strong eh COACH?

FWIW thought the Kentucky segway would work well.

After his response, I realize that I should have stayed away.

Originally posted by junior gong View Post
                  Well I wouldnt expect it to to a well known Floydiot bumsniff, so no probs.
                  About what I expected, nothing. Not sure I wasted the time responding.

Comment

I could agree with your reasoning in paragraph 1 if we were kids. We are grown men. SO you essentially blame this fight not happening on floyd because he said he thinks manny cheats? It doesn't matter that both men would take PED testing or floyd went from 30 days down to 14. So manny tells floyd to **** off, and you blame floyd. Damn dude.

Well floyd said worse about Diego Corrales beating women and he ended up fighting. He said worse about Shane and he signed. Good thing frazier didn't think like that after what ALi said about him.

You acknowledge manny tells floyd to **** off because floyd calls him a cheater and takes bad advice from his team, yet you lay blame with floyd. Respectfully, thats unconscionable.

Comment

After his response, I realize that I should have stayed away.

About what I expected, nothing. Not sure I wasted the time responding.
                      Ahh Come on laddy, dont be like that! You know my views on the subject and I know yours, they dont really change do they?

I havent been around here in a while, seems not much has changed. does ol' Zamunda bollocks still post here?

Comment

Working...
                      X