No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by djtmal View Post
    then maybe, cotto can get inside fmj's head, by talking smack to him in spanish...it worked for duran, when he dogged srl in spanish, and srl, got out his normal fight plan, and went to war with duran, and lost...lol
    No, no, and no. When has Cotto ever talked trash to anybody he has fought?? When has Mayweather ever let somebody get in his head before a fight? Your comparison is not even close to being true.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dempsey-Roll View Post
      I see a lot of people has joined the hype train.

Mayweather-Gatti to me
      only if cotto's got nothing left, imo

Comment

• Besides the fact that cotto doesn't talk trash, Floyd would never get into a war

Comment

• Originally posted by Suavecito80 View Post
          No, no, and no. When has Cotto ever talked trash to anybody he has fought?? When has Mayweather ever let somebody get in his head before a fight? Your comparison is not even close to being true.
          suavecito80, thanks for the insight on cotto's personality, my man...what i was suggesting was only for jokes (lol), but, joke or no joke, it has been proven with my reference to how duran, talked big smack to srl in spanish no less, was able to get srl out of his head, and win his biggest fight, and srl, an atg, was no slouch when it came to the mind games, as fmj, my man...lol

Comment

• You are a moron

Comment

• More like Sugar Ray/Duran II.

Comment

• Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                Besides the fact that cotto doesn't talk trash, Floyd would never get into a war
                well russian crushin, one thing is for certain, cotto isn't gonna outbox fmj in this or any other lifetime, so, its safe to say, cotto has to do something, to get fmj out of his comfort zone, and into a fight, if he's gonna win, my man...because, as you pointed out, fmj would never get into a war, so fmj, is gonna box and assure himself, an easy victory, so i guess its also safe to say...cotto has nothing to lose, by going balls out...

Comment

• Duran was also extremely adept at closing the distance and had very quick feet. Cotto isn't bad at that, but needless to say, he is no Duran.

For all the talk about how Leonard fought in a bad style for him that night, it was more consistent with his usual style than the dancer who showed up in the next two fights, and against Hagler. He was normally a flat-footed boxer who circled the ring. It's hard to do that when a swarmer like Duran is all over you.

Comment

• Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                    You are a moron
                    natas206, you hang on my balls like no other, but we won't get into that one...

Comment

• Originally posted by djtmal View Post
                      I think it would be a big mistake, if FMJ chooses to stand in the pocket and trade with Cotto for 12 rounds, much the way it was a mistake for SRL, who actually was the natural welterweight to stand and trade with Duran for 15 rounds. Not saying, that Cotto is in the same league with Duran, but Cotto, if he has anything left, does have bricks in his gloves, like the Hands Of Stone.

That is all.
                      4 years, 2 losses and several close fights too late to be thinking that this will be another SRL vs Duran fight ..... even then the comparison is not suitable.

While I hope not, it may be more like SRL vs Duran no mas, no mas fight!
                      Last edited by ADP02; 03-15-2012, 10:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X