No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Paclan View Post
    How does he deserve it? He hasn't had a legit fight since pacquiao.
    I have to agree with Paclan

Marquez deserves that Pay day

Fighting Mayweather 2 weight classes above his own , Fighting Pacquiao 3 times 1 of which was 2 weight classes above his own > anything Cotto has done.

Comment

He hasn't had a big fight since Pacquiao, but it's funny how everyone forgets about people saying "Yuri Foreman is going to beat Cotto, he has a good shot to beat him at SWW", and Cotto whupped him to win the WBA title. It wasn't a huge win and Foreman was no world beater, but Foreman had beat Santos to win that title and was a Top ranked SWW.

Mayweather-Cotto at 154 and Pacquiao-Bradley are BOTH good fights, I wish people would just shut up and at least enjoy the fact that we actually have two good fights from them this time.

And if you want to say that Cotto hasn't had a legit fight since Pac, even Foreman was a decent fight, then Pac hasn't had a legit fight since Cotto. And he hasn't fought an absolute prime fighter since Solis until now.

Comment

• I hope he's making that much. Career high payday for Cotto, all he had to do was leave Top Rank to get it. Hmmm seems like a trend.

Comment

• Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
          I have to agree with Paclan

Fighting Mayweather 2 weight classes above his own , Fighting Pacquiao 3 times 1 of which was 2 weight classes above his own > anything Cotto has done.
          Juan Manuel Marquez is this era's Pernell Whitaker. He's beenr obbed blind so many times, it's sad.

Comment

Im sure thats not what the TS is reffering to. The fact that Arum has been banking and making money off of Cotto for years and probably paying him very little for it is what ppl reffer to as deserving it. Not no 3 fight winning streak.

Comment

• Originally posted by turbotime View Post
              That's a crazy amount if it's true. If anyone deserves it, it's him.
              I think that's the amount he gets if the fight does 1.5 million ppv buys cause they keep bringing up 1.5 million buys in interviews.

Comment

• Originally posted by boricuajr23 View Post
                Im sure thats not what the TS is reffering to. The fact that Arum has been banking and making money off of Cotto for years and probably paying him very little for it is what ppl reffer to as deserving it. Not no 3 fight winning streak.
                This.

Cotto's fight with Foreman was more legit than any fight Pac has had since the Hatton fight.

Comment

• You are reading wrong.

No way he makes much more than 15 Mil.

Comment

• Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post

Yes marquez deserves it over Cotto but its TOP RANK the issue here. Curious, do you know how much Marquez made for Mayweather? That way we can compare those to TOP RANK. Thnx.

Comment

• Originally posted by boricuajr23 View Post
                      Yes marquez deserves it over Cotto but its TOP RANK the issue here. Curious, do you know how much Marquez made for Mayweather? That way we can compare those to TOP RANK. Thnx.
                      If I remember correctly he got paid around $2.5 Million

which would be 10 times less .....than Cotto is allegedly getting paid

Comment

Working...
                      X