Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some people act like the pull counter or right hand is the only weapon Floyd has.It amazes me how stupid some people are.

Floyd is the most versatile fighter in boxing and possibly the most versatile fighter ever.He`s at least one of the most versatile fighters ever.

Cotto is gonna have to worry about much more then Floyd`s pull counter.

Cotto is gonna have to Worry about Floyd`s speed,quickness,,super fast reflexes,intelligence and huge boxing arsenal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atreyu Khalil View Post
      yes he does>>
      [img]http://***********.com/media/simple/22438/9853193df260.gif[/img]

yeah but Cotto didn`t come in at a healthy weight at the weigh in.That`s why in that fight Cotto Jab was pretty slow and weak.

Comment

• Originally posted by deliveryman View Post
        Oh please, Cotto at 140 wasn't nearly as good. He was green. He almost lost to Torres, Corley and struggled with Malignaggi. Not to mention his chin was absolute **** at that weight as ewll.

'Nuff said.

Floyd KO's Cotto within 8 rounds at 140 (2005).
        oh you saw the fight because i didnt know it happened. where was it mgm? who'd you watch it with?

Comment

• I thought you have to give a reason. So, did you like my post at all.

Comment

• i give cotto about 30% chance to win.....hope he wins tho...

Comment

• Originally posted by Shona Boy View Post
              I thought you have to give a reason. So, did you like my post at all.

its a good post...might happen but for me, i just see Cotto befuddled from the opening bell

Floyd's lead jab to the body will stall most of his attacks and IF he finally does get inside, i think Floyd's underrated inside game will get the best out of Miguel

Comment

• Originally posted by deliveryman View Post
                Oh please, Cotto at 140 wasn't nearly as good. He was green. He almost lost to Torres, Corley and struggled with Malignaggi. Not to mention his chin was absolute **** at that weight as ewll.

'Nuff said.

Floyd KO's Cotto within 8 rounds at 140 (2005).
                Posted in the 2nd page of this thread but I don't know if you read it

"The only weight class I would have given Cotto a chance to beat Floyd at is 140 because Cotto had very good power and the speed to land his body punches. Cotto at 147 became to slow to land his body punches, and rather than learning how to set them up he abandoned his body punching.

At 140 Cotto didn't need to set up the left hook to the body because he was fast enough to get there with the punch(sometimes he did set it up but is was tripling the left hook-face,body,face....something he can't do since his speed is no longer there for him to use that technique)."

Ppl think Cotto at 140 was always weight drained but thats not the case. As for the 3 examples that you mentioned...Against Torres, Cotto was overconfident,Torres was a last minute replacement and Cotto overlooked him and tried to blow him out early. Corley is a southpaw with a nice punch and southpaws can hit you easier with punched you don't see coming(ask Floyd). Against Malinaggi, Cotto was weight drained.

If you watch Cotto's career at 140 you will see he had great power and speed at that weight, his defense was better, he took his time to analyse his opponents, and then he used his great jab to get inside and unload great combinations to the body and head.

Comment

• I think Floyd wins a hard fought UD but some people here act like Floyd is Chuck Norris in disguise.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hallaqsillaq View Post
                    I think Floyd wins a hard fought UD but some people here act like Floyd is Chuck Norris in disguise.

I don't think anyone implied he was chuck norris. But he is pretty much better at everything than miguel offensively and defensively.

Comment

• He doesnt have a shot because he will be payed off. Floyd will retire undefeated. Remember this is a business and money talks now a days,

Comment

Working...
                      X