No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by -TITAN- View Post
    cotto has good timing and a good jab if mayweather lays back and only throws 30 punches a round and lets cotto outwork him i dont see how floyd is gonna win he aint gonna hurt cotto either. this aint ricky hatton or victor ortiz buddy
    Easy... defend cottos shots, and land 60% of his own.

And thinking Floyd can't hurt Cotto is ridiculous.

Comment

• cotto has a much better jab than those fighters had and hell double and triple them he wont be trowing one punch at a time

Comment

• Originally posted by -TITAN- View Post
        but castillo did? id say cotto is better than castillo and has a better jab

well, if Floyd fuc.ks up his arm like he did vs Castillo then you might have a point

and honestly, a prime 135 JLC is much more impressive than this version of Cotto

but hey, dont get me wrong...i'll be rooting my ass off for Cotto...i just can't see him winning

Comment

• IMO Cotto has to do three things to have a chancce to win may 5th

1. he has to land the jab with authority, and move floyd back. a very tall task

2. he has to get out of the way of the right hand of floyd, he can not eat straight rights from floyd all night

3. when floyd shoulder rolls or postures up **** the body

Comment

• Cotto is not bigger, or longer than Floyd. His jab is good. But Cotto isn't disiplined enough to sustain the jab. The Cotto that applied relentless body pressure at 140 would have stood a better chance than this Cotto.

Floyd has an eerie way of making opponents stray from conventional wisdom, get deperate & sling wide looping hailmarries at a playing shoulder & no target.
            If a fighter had any sense, they would stay to his body & beat away at his shoulders & hipbone. Cotto as heavy hands, he would make a dent, but Floyd will make him headhunt like a fool.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atreyu Khalil View Post
              What? he did it numerous times vs Hatton, Marquez and Mosley.

I agree Mayweather isn't young in his 20s anymore but neither is Cotto. The guys in that video were young and fast just like Mayweather was
              Bro, I never said he can't do it, I just said the speed of his pullcounters have diminshed since those clips. That includes the Mosley fight too. That was almost 2 years ago and Floyd's 35. There is no way he can still do it at that speed now. However, his timing will impreccably remain intact for a while yet.

Comment

• Yea he'll take a few rounds to time Cotto's jab and get his sense of distance but once he does, Cotto's jab will be a non factor.

Cotto also uses a drop step when he jabs...that's why his jab is so heavy, but it also makes it easier to telegraph.
                Last edited by savorduhflavor; 03-07-2012, 03:39 PM.

Comment

• I will answer with a question to the question: What would be the bigger upset? Cotto over Mayweather...or Douglas over Tyson?

Comment

• Originally posted by uncle_ray View Post
                    IMO Cotto has to do three things to have a chancce to win may 5th

1. he has to land the jab with authority, and move floyd back. a very tall task

2. he has to get out of the way of the right hand of floyd, he can not eat straight rights from floyd all night

3. when floyd shoulder rolls or postures up **** the body
                    yes

Comment

• Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                      I will answer with a question to the question: What would be the bigger upset? Cotto over Mayweather...or Douglas over Tyson?
                      Cotto isn't a 42-1 underdog.

Comment

Working...
                      X