No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Even Money View Post
    Cotto's a strong dude, and he's not easy to back up.

Maybe mayweather is so high on his self he thinks he can brawl like pacquiao even though he has no experience in them. I hope that's the case lol and we see mayweather in a real war for the first time.

Maybe he can, maybe he can't i'm waiting to find out.
    It doesnt matter if Cotto is strong or not...Mayweather moves like a cornered wild cat, and he has these small pivots, movements, that defensively protects him and keeps punches glancing off, grazing, and his accuracy...he can hit you with hard accurate shots on the insides, and u cant do anything but make more mistakes and get beat up more....but at 54' it all intrigues me.

Comment

please tell me a fight where mayweather was in a brawl

please

Ok maybe hatton was kind of a brawl past round 4, but i'm just saying this based on what mayweather said- that he was going to attack early.

You never want to attack cotto early, you want to break him down first and start pressuring him in the middle rounds
      Mayweather vs. N'dou

Comment

please tell me a fight where mayweather was in a brawl

please

Ok maybe hatton was kind of a brawl past round 4, but i'm just saying this based on what mayweather said- that he was going to attack early.

You never want to attack cotto early, you want to break him down first and start pressuring him in the middle rounds
        Some fights have been listed already, but he also has "brawled" with Demarcus Corley, Justin Juuko (check spelling) and even Castillo at some points.

Comment

Maybe mayweather is so high on his self he thinks he can brawl like pacquiao even though he has no experience in them. I hope that's the case lol and we see mayweather in a real war for the first time.

dont expect floyd fans to listen to this, to them anyone who has anything to say against floyd is always somehow straight away labelled a "*******" guaranteed thats how sensitive they are ......

but it would surprise me if floyd attempted to brawl with or attack cotto first i have not seen him in any of his fights trying to do that, if you ask me maybe he is trying to mix cottos thinking up i mean seriously floyd's main tools in his fights are head and body movement, pull counters and combinations i doubt after all this time he is going to give that up and go for straight up attacked all night he usually lets the other guy do it first and then takes over
          Last edited by BritishBoxing92; 03-03-2012, 01:20 PM.

Comment

• Cotto is a hard guy to back up~ really?

Cotto is a lot of thing many of them good but hard to back up ain't one of them. Not even using the obvious examples of the fights he lost, but say the Mosley fight where Mosley wasn't dishing out all that much damage Cotto was falling back.

Comment

Oh he can, and he'll knock that ****er out if he doesn't watch out.

Comment

• Cotto is very easy to back up. He backs up against everyone, I'm 100% sure he will when Floyd is landing easy right hands on him.

Comment

• Originally posted by BritishBoxing92 View Post
                  dont expect floyd fans to listen to this, to them anyone who has anything to say against floyd is always somehow straight away labelled a "*******" guaranteed thats how sensitive they are ......

but it would surprise me if floyd attempted to brawl with or attack cotto first i have not seen him in any of his fights trying to do that, if you ask me maybe he is trying to mix cottos thinking up i mean seriously floyd's main tools in his fights are head and body movement, pull counters and combinations i doubt after all this time he is going to give that up and go for straight up attacked all night he usually lets the other guy do it first and then takes over
                  Yeah, but Cotto is not tough like Ortiz. I'm very sure we will not see Floyd up against the ropes at all in this fight.

Comment

• Mayweather may stand his ground and try to back Cotto off, which isn't as hard to do as the ts would like to think, Cotto can be hit with ease, and Mayweather is one of the most accurate punchers in the game, so it's not impossible he would take advantage of this early.

The thing is, Cotto isn't as green as Ortiz was, and he wont be getting desperate early on. Honestly, I see Cotto working off the jab and winning the early rounds, but not without getting tagged at will in the process.

I still don't understand why people keep hearing the same damn thing from Mayweather in every fight and act like it's something new. Regardless of what he may say now, he's coming with the best possible gameplan, as usual.

Comment

• Originally posted by RossCA View Post
                      Yeah, but Cotto is not tough like Ortiz. I'm very sure we will not see Floyd up against the ropes at all in this fight.
                      How is Ortiz tough?

I'm not saying Cotto is great at all but I keep seeing how Ortiz is tougher, faster and stronger (or hits harder) and I don't see it.

Comment

Working...
                      X