Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forbes, ishe smith

Comment

• Originally posted by Jcas View Post
      I think Broner would be an excellent choice.

broner is 4 weight classes below the weight for the contest

130 - 135 - 140 -147 154

come now
      you guys post in a boxing forum

you ever seen a FW?

Comment

• Mayweather/Cotto: Why not in NYC?

Discounting the crap about taxes and all that

Why wouldn't (if he hasn't) Floyd entertain the idea of fighting Cotto in Madison Square Garden for their upcoming bout?

By my recollection, he's never fought there and with this matchup, it just seems like a more natural spot to put it. For those who attended Cotto/Margarito II, if you thought that was perhaps the best Cotto fight atmosphere, imagine having Floyd fight there. I think there'd be equal amounts blacks and Puerto Ricans in attendance to balance it out.

It definitely be a fans type of fight. Its also a fight where you can up the prices just a little bit to compensate. Plus it'll give Floyd a chance to fight somewhere else for a chance and have some other fans watch him instead of the celeb crowd

Do you wish this fight was in NYC? Why or why not

Comment

• Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
          Discounting the crap about taxes and all that

Why wouldn't (if he hasn't) Floyd entertain the idea of fighting Cotto in Madison Square Garden for their upcoming bout?

By my recollection, he's never fought there and with this matchup, it just seems like a more natural spot to put it. For those who attended Cotto/Margarito II, if you thought that was perhaps the best Cotto fight atmosphere, imagine having Floyd fight there. I think there'd be equal amounts blacks and Puerto Ricans in attendance to balance it out.

It definitely be a fans type of fight. Its also a fight where you can up the prices just a little bit to compensate. Plus it'll give Floyd a chance to fight somewhere else for a chance and have some other fans watch him instead of the celeb crowd

Do you wish this fight was in NYC? Why or why not
          Floyd wouldn't fight at MSG because he knows 90% of the crowd would be pro Cotto.

Comment

• Floyd would never fight anywhere outside of Vegas!

Comment

• the only fight Floyd wouldnt do in Las Vegas would be against Khan in the wembley stadium...

Comment

• Originally posted by TheKza View Post
                Floyd wouldn't fight at MSG because he knows 90% of the crowd would be pro Cotto.
                90% of the crowd in Las Vegas is sometimes anti-Floyd

At least in NYC, I think it'd be a Cotto/Zab type of atmosphere, maybe 60-40

Comment

• Good for fans bad for fighters pocket.

Comment

• Should be a great fight. As always, Cotto is gonna come to fight and Mayweather is gonna be.. Mayweather. What I like too is that Cotto is not gonna be all weight-drained for this fight like he was against MP. Overall, a good fight for the fans and Boxing in general.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pin Galarga View Post
                      Quck hand African-Americans would serve the purpose, and there's a few in each gym. Now training with Kronk would of benefit Cotto for this fight in this face and others. IMO Cotto should of used Emmanuel for this particular fight.
                      Lol hell no, so he can jab and jab and... jab? It wouldn't be enough. Steward is a great trainer but he has his best success with those long, rangy fighters. They also don't have the chemistry Cotto seems to have with Diaz. Besides that, he has been reported to threaten to walk out on Cotto if he doesn't commit fully to the camp (For Cheato), and he told Cotto all the right things to do to beat Cheato, which isn't easy for anybody (including Pacman). Diaz had him running in sand, working on fast-twitch muscles, eye coordination, all that. He is a wiz and a counter-punching master. I think this was a great move to stick with Diaz, he is hungry as **** - left his family in Cuba for this opportunity right here.

Comment

Working...
                      X