No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
    If it isn't cotto is it (can't believe this) Ricky Hatton?
    ricky hatton is a good win on anyones resume, hes a good fighter. just like cotto is a good fighter. just good. there are lke 3 or 4 cotto level fighters on floyds resume. the problem is ppl on this site seem to think a fighter of cotto's caliber is great, which is completely false.

Comment

• Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
      ricky hatton is a good win on anyones resume, hes a good fighter. just like cotto is a good fighter. just good. there are lke 3 or 4 cotto level fighters on floyds resume. the problem is ppl on this site seem to think a fighter of cotto's caliber is great, which is completely false.
      I think the only fighters that will be considered a HOF'er on both Mayweather's and Pac's record above 140 is De La Hoya, Mosley and JMM (at least at this point).

Cotto, Ortiz and Bradley could prove otherwise down the road.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lazerjab View Post
        The only one I can think of is DLH and thats it Mosley was complete garbage imo...

Your thoughts?
        He never saw a fighter as complete as Cotto period. His biggest wins were Corrales and DLH, who was old and not prime but still in fighting spirits. That version of DLH would have gotten bombed by Cotto IMO, he did not have enough power behind his shots to slow Cotto down. But it would have been a brawl. And you can't tell me, unless you naturally biased, that Corrales was a better boxer than Cotto - no way bro.

And after getting cheated/traumatized then forced to a catch-weight after losing your trainer and passion for the sport and losing to I don't know - arguably the most active, effective offensive fighter of this era, you would think they would cut Cotto some slack for how he's been trying to rebuild himself. Mayorga was a prep for Cheato. He needed Cheato and got him. And now I see from this new article he wants Pacman again. Don't doubt it. He is preparing, him and PLD to beat Mayweather so he can get to Pacman again or another fight with Jr. That's bigger bucks down the line and he knows cashing out now would be a wasted opportunity. I said it before, if it wasn't for Cheato ruining his career, Cotto would be undefeated right now. People underestimate Cotto a lot. After May 5th they will wonder why.
        Last edited by PRking718; 02-16-2012, 02:32 PM.

Comment

• I think he's the best competition he's had since he went to 140 and up. People will frown upon it, but just look at the list of guys he's fought and match them with Cotto ( De La Hoya to me is some what the toss up), and who put Ortiz over Cotto?? LOL.

Comment

Dude Cotto would have walked through Ricky Hatton. As well as plenty of other Floyd opponents that he did go on to KO or TKO, while Floyd goes to a decision. And Cotto's win over an active Mosley is way more impressive than over an old and gun shy, rarely active Mosley. Cotto is the best fighter on this guys resume period. He would have killed Gatto, Coralles, all these guys you seem to think are just as good as him. NO WAY. I guess to you a great fighter is who, Floyd and only Floyd? Are you one of those that think there are only like two or three "elite" fighters in the game? Cotto is elite in every single aspect of the word and he would body anyone at 154 right now without question, there is serious lack of real boxing skill in that division. Floyd is the only one right now.

Comment

• Comment

• That honor goes to an againg DLH. Floyd would have never beaten the Oscar that fought Tito & Mosley at welterweight.

Comment

• Originally posted by PRking718 View Post
                  Dude Cotto would have walked through Ricky Hatton. As well as plenty of other Floyd opponents that he did go on to KO or TKO, while Floyd goes to a decision. And Cotto's win over an active Mosley is way more impressive than over an old and gun shy, rarely active Mosley. Cotto is the best fighter on this guys resume period. He would have killed Gatto, Coralles, all these guys you seem to think are just as good as him. NO WAY. I guess to you a great fighter is who, Floyd and only Floyd? Are you one of those that think there are only like two or three "elite" fighters in the game? Cotto is elite in every single aspect of the word and he would body anyone at 154 right now without question, there is serious lack of real boxing skill in that division. Floyd is the only one right now.
                  lmao...dude, relax. u telling me who cotto would have walked thru means nothing to me. he was supposed to walk thru clottey, marg and mosely too rite? howd that go? the point is cotto aint as good as u guys delude yourself to think he is.

Comment

• Nope, it's Oscar easily.

Comment

lmao...dude, relax. u telling me who cotto would have walked thru means nothing to me. he was supposed to walk thru clottey, marg and mosely too rite? howd that go? the point is cotto aint as good as u guys delude yourself to think he is.
                      LOL nah man I never thought he was supposed to walk through those guys. I knew he was taking on challenges unlike someone I know and he was actually surprising in his performance vs Cheato for 11 rounds of plaster. He bashed his ass up and pushed him around like a ***** in the rematch, pretty much walking through him. He also impressed me with that one eye he fought Clottey with. He won 6 rounds and the knockdown. Clottey just six rounds. With both eyes Cotto would have gotten hit with WAY LESS punches. And the Mosley -- who walks through Mosley? That was the most surprising and impressive victory of all. I don't tout him as the P4P best or even a GOAT - I simply acknowledge his elite status in this day and age. Maybe after May 5th he will take that crown. He is not simply good to me, I'm sorry.

Comment

Working...
                      X