Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody know when are they starting to promote the fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by NAPO View Post
      Anybody know when are they starting to promote the fight.
      I'm waiting for these damn tickets to go on sale!..

Comment

• Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
        No, just no. Oscar SUCKED in that fight and was still somewhat competitive, he didn't cut off the ring Floyd stopped. Oscar didn't use his jab re-watch the fight, he actually threw MORE in the 7th and 8th and those are the rounds he won the most clearly. He hit Floyd with jabs like crazy and he has a soft touch jab, nothing like Cotto's. And guess what... Floyd never even countered it, he jabbed back to counter it but he hardly jabs himself so it did nothing for him.

Floyd didn't win by throwing over anyones jab because Oscar hardly threw it, and because Oscar was JUST like Ortiz. He followed him until Mayweather sat himself in the ropes and then both of them just dropped their hands and starting swinging. Floyd then just straight right countered when they just got so excited they had Floyd in the ropes. He played them like a fiddle, the problem for Floyd is Cotto is smarter than both of those guys, especially now.

Yes, he did it against Manny and Clottey and gassed himself out. He also actually knows how to cut off the ring and won't be fooled OVER and OVER by that tactic. Look at what Cotto did to Judah, Floyd is not Zab Judah but their styles are going to be similar in the sense that Cotto will be the aggressor and Floyd will be countering. Zab got eaten alive by Cotto's jab because he THROWS IT ALL THE TIME and magically no one has been able to stop him from using it. Floyd CAN but saying "oh he'll just counter it" is ignorant because Cotto throws his jab like Floyd's right, he never pulls his shoulder back to throw it (like does with the right) and Cotto is always rolling his shoulders especially with his left hand. Floyd is fast but his right is not going to get there quicker than Cotto's left jab, sorry. BTW, this is why Cotto has a shot, he isn't a plodder like idiots make him out to be.
        This ^^^^

Most of those over right counters that Floyd throws is against a short jab or a touchy feely jab. Cotto has a laser left jab that threw both Judah and Mosley of their games. Floyd ain't no sucker, for sure... but we'll know come fight who's is more effective.

Comment

• The nice thing with fights is that they're not won on paper. On paper, Floyd is supposed to win easy. But this is only Floyd's second fight at 154, a weight class where Miguel is comfortable at, and on May 5th I believe Miguel has a good chance to shock the world and win this fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by WESS View Post
            They're pissed that more people are picking Cotto to beat Mayweather than Pac beating Mayweather. Actually I think they're more pissed at the fact that no matter WHO Floyd was to fight from 140-154, he would be the favorite.

Only *******s would complain that Cotto is shot yet pick Cotto to beat Floyd.
            Who the hell complains that Cotto is shot except Mayweather fans? Shot, damaged goods, overrated, not elite, b-class fighter, beat no-one since loss to Pac... That's all Floyd's fans ever said in regards to Cotto since Pac's victory over him and because Mayweather never fought him. The shameless twits are only now recognising him as a great fighter.

Comment

• When does the press tour starts?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Pride View Post
                Who the hell complains that Cotto is shot except Mayweather fans? Shot, damaged goods, overrated, not elite, b-class fighter, beat no-one since loss to Pac...That's all fans ever said in regards to Cotto since Margarito's victory over him and because Mayweather never fought him. The shameless twits are only now recognising him as a great fighter.
                Corrected it for you. You're welcome.

Comment

• Originally posted by KO'er View Post
                  Fuc* Mayweather AND Pacquiao.

****ing losers they are. Comparing to the 80's, SRL, Hagler, Duran and Hearns ALL fought each other. We couldn't get the 2 super fighters of this generation to fight each other once, then all the talk back and forth.

"Not my fault", "No, not my fault" "Blah, blah, blah." All the while 3 years since a 2/3 years since a prime date has passed. We might get the fight in mid 2013.
                  Calm down with that ****. Leonard, the guy who waited for Hagler to decline before deciding to fight him? And waiting YEARS to give Hearns a rematch, oh and at a catch weight? As great as these fighters were, politics were prevalent back then too

Comment

• Cotto has a chance. He can punch but I think Mayweather will pick apart Cotto and win via clear unanimous decision. Unfortunately this might be a boring fight.

Comment

• I am certain Floyd will win via UD but I believe Cotto stands a puncher's chance because Floyd is 34 and doesn't have as much speed in his legs any more. He has become a stationairy fighter and that is his biggest weakness

Comment

Working...
                      X