No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BIGBOXINGFAN View Post
    You better believe that the Latimore kid that floyd just signed will be on that card
    Isn't he and Jesse Vargas double heading a card on showtime?

Comment

• Floyd Mayweather-Miguel Cotto
      Saul Alvarez-Shane Mosley
      Robert Guerrero-Victor Ortiz

Comment

• Oddsmakers Do Not Give Miguel Cotto Much Chance vs. Floyd Mayweather

Unfortunately it doesn’t appear that boxing fans and bettors will see anytime soon the Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao super-fight that everyone has been clamoring for as Mayweather has settled on an opponent for May 5 in Las Vegas: junior middleweight championMiguel Cotto.

Mayweather will open as the -600 favorite on Bovada’s boxing odds with Cotto at +400. Mayweather had publicly called out Pacquiao but the sides just can’t seem to agree on terms for what would be the richest fight in history. Reportedly Mayweather said no to Pacquiao’s request for a 50-50 split of any potential purse.

“I’m fighting Cotto on May 5th because Miss Pac Man is ducking me,” Mayweather tweeted of Pacquiao after being granted a license to fight Cotto.

Mayweather (42-0, 26 KOs), the welterweight champion, will move up to 154 pounds for the fight, a weight class Cotto (37-2, 30 KOs) has thrived in since moving up following beatings at the hands of Pacquiao and Antonio Margarito. Cotto has since gotten payback on Margarito, beating him in December when Margarito was unable to continue due to swelling around his right eye.

Cotto had long been one of the leading names to get the fight with Mayweather along with fellow titleholder Saul Alvarez. Besides Mayweather and Pacquiao, Cotto is the next biggest pay-per-view attraction in boxing and has a huge Puerto Rican fan base. This will be for Cotto’s WBA junior middleweight belt.

Mayweather was last seen beating Victor Ortiz in a controversial fourth-round knockout in September. “Money” will head to jail on June 1 for 87 days due to a domestic violence conviction. He was supposed to begin his sentence on Jan. 6, but the judge in the case deferred his report date to June 1 in order for Mayweather to fight on May 5.

http://www.vegassportsbetting.com/20...oyd-mayweather

Comment

• It appears no one believes this is a winnable fight for Cotto, and neither do I honestly. My question is will Mayweather put his foot on the gas and actually go for the knockout or will he settle for the easy UD?

Comment

• Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
            Realistically speaking, I think it will be:

W. Klitschko vs V. Klitschko
            Pacquiao vs Hopkins
            Gamboa vs Eli Manning
            Kimbo vs Mike Tyson

Comment

• Originally posted by Dunks View Post
              Floyd Mayweather-Miguel Cotto
              Saul Alvarez-Shane Mosley
              Robert Guerrero-Victor Ortiz
              Just realized who this poster is. What happened to your other account?

Comment

• while i think floyd will win a comfortable decision, i believe cotto will have his moments cuz floyd is more flat footed these days and not moving as much. not to say floyd will get battered and beatened, but i think cotto will land some nice shots, win a few rounds

Comment

• all my points on floyd over cotto.any1 wanna bet???pm me

Comment

• WOW Floyd Mayweather is a HUGE favorite against COTTO.

I just check the odds and it is -800 for Mayweather against Cotto!!
                    That's insane, I think against Ortiz, Mayweather was -650.

I thought Mayweather would be around -350, thoughts any one? Is Cotto getting over looked?

Comment

• this surprises you? why?

Comment

Working...
                      X