Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think the major difference between Mayweather fighting Cotto and Pacquiao fighting the fighters that Mayweather beat is that Pacquiao's team picked those fighters specifically because they had just recently came off of a loss to Mayweather and they wanted to establish Pacquiao as a household name. Mayweather is fighting Cotto because he's the biggest fight that could have been made.

You have Freddie Roach himself, on camera, basically confirming that. He said they fought De La Hoya because they felt he was washed up and he was faded after his fight with Mayweather, he called Hatton damaged goods after he lost to Mayweather, and he said that they wanted Mosley so they could beat Mosley more convincingly than Mayweather did. Those are all facts.

Comment

• Originally posted by WitherGlove View Post
      Do u really think Guerrero is a high risk fight? And Canelo I will say would have been good but like Floyd said even if he beat the guy he would still get no credit because people were already talking that he is too inexperienced bs
      Floyd loves excuses.. you should know that by now. Canelo is a beast. raw though.. Little more experience he will be a star.

Comment

• Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
        This was the fight everyone wanted a few years back..everyone i mean everyone wanted to know why this fight couldnt happen...now as soon as he leaves Arum the fight happens instantly with no problems.is Arum the problem here or is there more to it
        Arum protects his fighters. The only way one of his fighters lose if its TR vs TR.

So either way TR wins.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
          If disagreeing with you makes me an idiot then herp a derp durrrr
          You guys act like idiots cause youre either trolling, ignorant or racist. notice i typed ACT LIKE cause i really dont believe you guys can actually be that ******. One question.....does a cut above Manny's eye take 6 months to heal? No one that has been blaming Floyd here has been able to answer that. A simple yes or no will do thx...

Comment

• Originally posted by UrGonnaLooos View Post
            Arum protects his fighters. The only way one of his fighters lose if its TR vs TR.

So either way TR wins.

Man if Pac was in the same position as Cotto the fight would be signed just as quick with Floyd.

Its Arum, period.

Building a ne stadium, lying about Mannys cut, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
              you dont have to always compare floyd and pacquiao.

pacquiao made some terrible fights, we know that. yet that has absolutely nothing to do with floyd making a terrible fight now, so theres no reason to bring pacquiaos name up.

i mean if pac hadnt ducked floyd he wouldnt be fighting cotto, but thats about it as far as pacquiaos involvment in this. and tbh floyd could still have picked a much better oponent than cotto even if it wasnt pacquiao.

just a few days ago there was talk of fighting canelo, or one of the biggest high risk low reward fighters in the sport in guerrero. then floyd went from that to the lowest risk highest reward fighter in cotto. damn shame.
              LOL, Guerrero high risk low reward this has got to be one of the dumbest post I've read on this site. So according to you Guerrero is much more of a threat than Cotto that is just plain ******ed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spoon23 View Post
                Floyd loves excuses.. you should know that by now. Canelo is a beast. raw though.. Little more experience he will be a star.
                I like Canelo but did you see his last fight with Gomez...Gomez is a C fighter if that and he was giving him problems, He not only hurt him but he always mad him get reckless in the ring. They stopped the fight when it was dead even and Gomez was pissed. Don't believe me watch the fight. Now a year from Now after he beats kirkland and some other guys I'm all for it but now I don't think he is ready

Comment

• 2 different ways to be a *****,

pac fought cotto coming off a beating to top welterweight clottey.

then when pac fights clottey.... this fight is a disgrace! but you just said clottey beat up cotto..........

or......

cotto coming off a close fight with a top welterweight. but when pac fights him... oh my god pacs a cherrypicker!

cotto is coming off 2 wins over unranked opponents but when floyd fights him... oh my god floyd is fighting a great cotto! look how impressive he looked against those unranked guys!

are they that easily fooled? i think so. look at how they reacted when broner beat down that bum to win a fake belt. he's the next mayweather! it's like they forgot about every other fight he ever had in his career. broner p4p baby!

Comment

• Originally posted by eddoes View Post
                    You guys act like idiots cause youre either trolling, ignorant or racist. notice i typed ACT LIKE cause i really dont believe you guys can actually be that ******. One question.....does a cut above Manny's eye take 6 months to heal? No one that has been blaming Floyd here has been able to answer that. A simple yes or no will do thx...
                    I blame both sides but whatever....this topic is dead to me.

You fantards can keep arguing back n forth over who's fault it is while these guys continue to duck each other and rip you off. Whilst the sport slowly becomes even more of a farce than it currently is.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingAddict773 View Post
                      2:09....the way Cotto stands...Floyd could land that followed by a right hand all night...btw that uppercut was a thing of beauty
                      I agree with this

Comment

Working...
                      X